Shure E500/E530 Cable Poll
Jun 14, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #331 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by dawack88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know how shure deals with International purchases ? My E500 cable just cracked a week ago, but they were bought from the US (I'm from Australia).

Would shure send them back if I arranged to send them to the Australian service centre, WITHOUT telling them I bought them overseas ?

I bought them brand new and i have the paypal receipt.

Have you registered for warranty before? Did you buy from Authorized Shure dealer? If Yes, you are fine.
You need to send it to Hong Kong for Asia Pacific Region (check: Shure - Warranty and Product Registration)

Jun 24, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #332 of 391
Sent back my second pair of E500 PTH headphones last week, cables cracked on both sides and I wore them to the very last second when the right earphone actually fell off.. I love these headphones so much lol..

anyways got my new pair in front of me, they are the SE530PTH so I hope these will hold up..

Jun 24, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #333 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by GravY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sent back my second pair of E500 PTH headphones last week, cables cracked on both sides and I wore them to the very last second when the right earphone actually fell off.. I love these headphones so much lol..

anyways got my new pair in front of me, they are the SE530PTH so I hope these will hold up..

Did you send back everything or just the earphones? Because I heard that people who send back just the earphones would only get a new pair without the PTH even if it was on the invoice...

I have to send mine back when I come back to canada (in a month) and just wondered. I actually rolled sewing thread around the broken wire to hold everything together until the end of my trip. It was ok for 2 weeks but now I just lost the sound in the left earpiece (the one with the cracked cable)...

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #335 of 391
What I wanted to know is if you sent the PTH module with your earphones to have a whole new package with the PTH.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #336 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I wanted to know is if you sent the PTH module with your earphones to have a whole new package with the PTH.

lol sorry when I clicked the link via email it took me to liek page XX and a post that sounded like it came after mine.. whoopsy..

I sent everything back on both occasions and received new pairs in sealed boxes..

If I can remember right the first return pair was actually older than the pair I sent back, these obviously are newer
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #337 of 391
Nice, I heard that the SE530 are better than the E500 because of an issue of closed drivers vs open drivers. I don't know if I could tell the difference but outher than that they are the same product.

I look foward to have my new pair because I won't be able to bear for a long time to have sound only on the right.

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #338 of 391
I have no doubt that Shure customer service has a spotless reputation in replacing warrantee'd merchandise. But that level of failure should not be happening in the first place. It all comes down to the hard, inflexible cables they use; I asked if a braided design might be possible. but they replied flatly, no,

So, I won't buy from them. Not worth the trouble.

Jul 30, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #339 of 391
I currently own the third pairs. They have the cable problem. I will go to get the forth pair in this week. I bought the earphone when the E500PTH first launch. At the third pair it change to SE530. The cable life extended from (E500) average 6 to 9 months. I use this only between office and home. The date code of this one is 3526. IMO, Cable material have no different between E500 and SE530.
wink.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #340 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by winson ip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The date code of this one is 3526. IMO, Cable material have no different between E500 and SE530.
wink.gif

Doesn't that mean those were manufactured in 2006? If so, you still have the old cable.

Aug 3, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #342 of 391
Hi,

my E500 cable broke after 1.5 years of use (the code on the cable is 2416) . Despite that I didn't have a receipt for the earphones (bought on ebay, most probably not a registered seller) ,I sent them in to shure europe hoping they will replace them......

I might also send in a paypal receipt once guarantee is not granted.

Does Shure replace the earphones in my case?

Thx!

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #344 of 391
You must keep in mind that Shure changed it's warranty policy in December 2007 and it states that you must have an invoice of an authorized reseller.

I exchanged mails with Shure and they told me that paypal invoices aren't accepted and wouldn't replace my earphones even if the number was 3056, the cable problem was known and they were still under warranty.

I wish you to be able to get a replacement for your broken earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back