Shure e4c wow
Jan 27, 2007 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

ctrulock

New Head-Fier
I just got some e4c's today at circuit city. Was kind of a payday impulse buy. I plugged them into my computer and they seemed real nice, almost worth 300$. But then after my wife went to sleep (lol you know the story)... I plugged them into my pioneer 550 receiver and OH MY GOD! I am extreamly impressed. Those tiny little phones are awsome. I use my hd580's while at my desk so I can hear the phone ring in my office and use my desk size headphone amp. And now I can use my e4c's when I am out on the assembly line area to block the god damn loud noise form the belt. I am happy and complete now LOL.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 37
I'm glad you like. They are some of the best sounding phones I've ever heard.

It's a shame you bought them for full MSRP at Circuit City though, you could've gotten them for about half the price online.

The good thing about the E4C is that you don't need an amp to make them sound good!

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #4 of 37
Well, its the last ones I'm going to buy I swear! LOLOLOL. I can't wait to get to work on Monday and see if my samsung yp z5 can push em without too much hiss. I hope so. That little samsung player is damn good in my opinion. Puts out some real clean signals. Sigmatel chip or some **** I'm not really a techie. But I like the sound I get out of it.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The good thing about the E4C is that you don't need an amp to make them sound good!

True, they do sound good with a portable player & no amp but I discovered that they reach a new level with my Central Station amp. The slight "veil"/ high end roll-off disappeared! It was a shocking experience.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #6 of 37
I work in a machine shop and advise you to try the foamies if you're not already using them. Even when the DAP is off the isolation is soothing in a loud environment. Once you get used to the over the ear setup they stay on like they're part of your head, important at work. Once you turn the player on it works nicely on removing coworkers yapping as well.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #7 of 37
"Once you turn the player on it works nicely on removing coworkers yapping as well."
This is of high importence! I will try out the foamies. They sure give you alot of ear pieces to try out.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, they do sound good with a portable player & no amp but I discovered that they reach a new level with my Central Station amp. The slight "veil"/ high end roll-off disappeared! It was a shocking experience.

You never know.

When I tried amping them I found that they became too bright, so I personally like them better unamped. Maybe they need tubes?
blink.gif

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #9 of 37
Glad to hear you like your E4Cs.
smily_headphones1.gif
They really are very expensive to buy at Circuit City. Here in Canada, they cost $349.99 + 14% tax. So you guys don't have it too bad in the States. :p

Jan 27, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

You never know.

When I tried amping them I found that they became too bright, so I personally like them better unamped. Maybe they need tubes?
blink.gif

Which amp did you try them with? Have you Lunchboxed them yet?(or had you already sold them)

I don't think I've tried them with my tube amp, can't remember.

Jan 27, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #11 of 37
The E4s are fantastic!

I think people who are disappointed often use the wrong source (ipods f.i. are known to have a severe bass rolloff out of the headphone jack into low imp. phones).
I tried amping (musical fidelity XCANv3) but I did not hear any improvement (contrary to f.i. the PX100).

Jan 27, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

You never know.

blink.gif

Were they anything bright like the Etys or near?

Jan 27, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #13 of 37
Yeah the E4Cs are nice but after buying the UM2s I'm not sure what to do with them now... I just know I want to get the Shure E530 or Westone UM3s. They are still very nice though and a nice entry to the IEM world, although $300 is expensive even by UK standards as I paid that price over a year ago

Jan 27, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait 'till you get the new foamies; they isolate even better than the yellow ones - big difference. Trust me, I sat ahead of yet another screaming baby on the way back from Orlando and I slept the whole way
biggrin.gif

Can you tell me a little more about the new foamies? Color - where to purchase and do they have a name?

TIA
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back