Shure e4c wow
Jan 28, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #31 of 37
hey hey hey

I got my E4C at a Comp USA

Yes, believe it or not, I bought them at comp usa

Alright, here comes my long story about how I got them.

Fist of, at around July, a Comp USA store near my home is closing, so as usual,

there is a closing sale. the price was good, started at around 10-20% off at the beginning, so I pay visit to the store once every while during summer break to see if I can get a good deal or not.

After buying some stuff from them, being angry at them for not marking the price tag correctly. (seems like they don't really care, since is closing anyway, so the customer service is horrible)

The sale went all the way until I need to go to college

At the beginning of October, I went back home during a three day weekend.

So, as usual I pay a visit to the comp USA store after I drop my dad off to work. I check, and nothing good was on.... so I left, went to grab a cup of coffee, eat cookie at Barnes and Noble. and spent the rest of my afternoon there.

Before I left, I decided to pay the store another visit.

Just when I was looking around. I remember that I sis asked me to look for a good digital camera for her, So I went to the electronic display shell (pretty messy in there) and try to find a digital camera.

while i was looking, I have to bent my body down to look at the items on the lower shelves.

I literally froze when I saw a red case with a mark 60% off next to it.
tongue.gif

The E4C letter, was covered by the price off tag. but ont he right side of the small red case, it clearly labeled "shure"

I rub my eyes again, and stare at it,.... I am pretty sure that I didn't miss that spot when I was going around the store in the morning
confused.gif

So I bent around, trying to find an angle which allow me to see what is the model number. and Finally, found the print which says E4C

580smile.gif

the first thing I did, with out considering how much money that I still have in my wallet, I rushed to one os the customer service people and asked them to open the shelf for me.

and with out worrying where will my dinning money for the next few weeks, I walked out of the store with the E4C
580smile.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #33 of 37
Wow, as much as i like them, i dont think they are worth the full retail price. I mean, 300$ is alot for these....200-250$ is a better range for them for the sound. Even that might be a bit much...

However, doesnt make me love them any less, just glad i got them used for a awesome price. I bought some new inserts online for them and its even sweeter =)

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, as much as i like them, i dont think they are worth the full retail price. I mean, 300$ is alot for these....200-250$ is a better range for them for the sound. Even that might be a bit much...

However, doesnt make me love them any less, just glad i got them used for a awesome price. I bought some new inserts online for them and its even sweeter =)

Yeah, that's why I think phones like the E4C, Super.Fi 5Pro, and ER-4 are great deals when purchased at street price, but something like the UM2, which retails for no less than MSRP ($300), isn't worth it.

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #35 of 37
Great story DSlayerZX.

I love a great deal and I've stumbled on a few myself. I bought my E4Pro at a local pro sound shop in Virginia Beach called Alpha Music for $189, $200 w/tax.

I feel they are worth $200 or a little more. Like most any monitor, they'll continue to improve SQ wise with better sources, for instance going from the headphone output on an iPod, etc to a full size CDP using a decent DAC and amp. In the past I've used $40 Sony IEMs and they simply never improved no matter what I amped them with.

I think what may be the case sometimes when people buy these $200~$300 IEMs and are disappointed with them, they don't realize that it gets quite a bit better with a quality source and amp...this has been my experience with the E4.

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, that's why I think phones like the E4C, Super.Fi 5Pro, and ER-4 are great deals when purchased at street price, but something like the UM2, which retails for no less than MSRP ($300), isn't worth it.

True. Westone don't seem to get discounted, whereas Shure are quicker to get price cuts, even in rip-off UK. Saying that I got my UM2 for £120 2nd hand, £30 cheaper than I paid for the E4, so that is a real bargain
biggrin.gif
Man I wish I could go to America tomorrow and go on a spending spree. Double my money and things half the price!
frown.gif

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #37 of 37
Okay, I'm gonna do some gravedigging for bare, crumbling bones. And also repurpose this thread for my needs. On the matter in question - anyone still has these earphones? I'd appreciate if someone ran the spectral flatness test from here and told me whether anything can be heard until about 8th second without equalizing? And also whether there's any change of loudness between channels at the very end of the spectrum. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back