shure e4c = shure scl4?
Feb 5, 2008 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Rickio

500+ Head-Fier
I just bought some shure e4c's but when I got the package ( i excitedly opened it and heard them before I looked at the package) I see the package is labeled scl4.

Now I know shure made these newer models and they are often replacing e4c's with them but I paid for e4c.

Are they really the same sound quality and should I complain?

They sound great so far. I like the neutral sound as opposed to the bass heavy atrios or dennon's. Well so far but still wondering if I got gyped?
eek.gif

I mean they are advertising e4c's as in stock etc.?

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #6 of 20
I didnt get what I paid for. I think it's a valid question. I had read some previous threads mentioning it but I also remember or seem to remember there was some differences perhaps in sound quality and that is what bugged me.

The idea being they advertise it as still available and then send something else.

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #7 of 20
scl just means shure classic line, like others said its pretty much the same thing with a thinner wire

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #9 of 20
Well I never owned them before, so I wouldn't know if they do sound different. I guess I would rather not hassle with it, if it is the same basic sound.

I think someone did mention there was some or seemed to be some minor tweaking of the treble but oh well. whatever hehehe

I do appreciate it's neutral sound.

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys, do some search on the forum before asking another stupid question

No need to be rude, I know he needed to use the search function, but being a plain out ***hole about it doens't really promote a friendly place to ask questions.

The SCL4's are what replaced the E4C, the E4C, became discontinued and were replaced by the SCL4's. The SCL4's have always been sold, but they were always in the Professional Sound/IEM's section on the Shure sight.

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #11 of 20
Yes, they are the same, except the bit with the groove. The things you might've read about tweaking is probably the difference between the old E line and the new SE line.

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #12 of 20
Cool! Now I can enjoy them more hehehe.

I really am digging these, seems I can hear so much more of the meat of the music. As I read somewhere the music really does live in the mids and yeah big bass is cool if it's called for but I rather have the clarity then sacrifice it for bass.

I guess I wouldn't mind a tiny bit more bass ( suppose bass heavy can's do influence and perhaps get us used to that type of presentation) but as good as this sounds I can take it as it is. hehehe

Feb 5, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #13 of 20
Hmm, I'm not so sure.
I had the E4C for 2 years, enjoying their clear detailed yet smooth sound enormously. Then they died, but Shure was kind enough to send me the E4G, supposedly identical, black instead of gray and a slightly shorter cord.
They definately sound different, so much less bass that they sound unbalanced to my ears, and they don't give me the pleasure the E4C's gave me.
The difference was so big that I finally regretfully gave up and switched to the Denon C700.

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys, do some search on the forum before asking another stupid question

i could leave some feedback in your thread if you want. you know, 'how's my driving'? sort of feedback for your tolerance in this thread! cheers

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i could leave some feedback in your thread if you want. you know, 'how's my driving'? sort of feedback for your tolerance in this thread! cheers

ouch....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back