Shure e4c pricing.
Mar 4, 2006 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TheBoxesPlace

New Head-Fier
What are the going rates for the e4c? I saw some on ebay for around $178. They were described as new sealed box. Yet, I see others for around $299. Assuming I am comfortable with the seller, is there anything I should be wary of when buying the cheaper set with regard to the product itself. ie: updated version, any differences year to year, etc. I did notice the packaging has changed from a box to now a plastic enclosed case.
I want to make sure I am receiving the latest and greatest of these.
Thanks

Mar 4, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 13
MSRP is $299, but street price is about $200, so that $178 is consistent with prices you'd expect on ebay. There aren't any differences between production models or the like that you need to be concerned with. Check out our sponsors - I think a lot of them have the E4c at the street price (tho they're not allowed to advertise it) and offer reliable service/returns.

Best regards,

-Jason

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by poonpower
So I guess $250CDN used isn't a good buy....

You can buy a pair of new ones from Ebay, including shipping to Canada, for less than that.

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 13
I just got mine for $180 from earphonesolutions.com. A trusted site and a Head-Fi sponsor. I believe HeadRoom offeres a similar price, but you have to call/email BOTH places to get their best price.

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #7 of 13
I got (getting) mine $180 USD + $14 shipping from American Techpushers. Paid in total $230 CAD. Lowest price I've seen, including shipping, from an authorized dealer shipping to Canada. Earphonesolutions wanted $20 for shipping, + the price kept on changing over the couple of times I've inquired for their price.

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #9 of 13
Try e-mailing Sam at http://www.marcopolo.ca/ (he also sells on eBay). He is usually happy to price match places like earphonesolutions. He is in Canada and doesn't charge sales tax, so even if the base price is a little more, it can end up being cheaper than ordering from the States.

Mar 5, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #11 of 13
I emailed marcopolo and he said the lowest he could go was $300cdn for E4c.
E3c were 200cdn.
So is it worth it to get E3 with a PA2V2 or just get the E4???

Quote:

Nope, I got mine new from earphonesolutions for $190 CAD shipped.

I also looked into earphonesolutions, but their price was $198usd....I dunno where you got such a good deal.

Mar 5, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam_Master_J
Nope, I got mine new from earphonesolutions for $190 CAD shipped.

How did you manage that? They list them for $299 US on their website.
I'm thinking I might send back my UM1s and get the E4c or the ER4p. I love detail and while the UM1 isn't bad, I feel it's a bit lacking in that area.
Would the E4c be a major improvement?

Mar 6, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #13 of 13
Sorry, slight goof. It was $190 USD. Here's how I got it:

froogled for Shure E4s, found some retailers selling at $170 US plus shipping. Reported this price to earphonesolutions. They matched it and charged their normal $20 US shipping to Canada. Total was $190 US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back