Shure E3C vs Sennheiser CX300
Aug 30, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 10
by how much??....I have been using Sennheiser CX300 for the past 2 years and just bought the E3C....i find the Sennheisers much better

Is the 'break in time' of E3C true?....will it take some 10-15 days for me to actually get the real sound?

Aug 30, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 10
I don't think so because e3c is armature based.( right ?)
I think e3c should be better overall.
Perhaps you have a different taste or you are not used to the new sound of the e3c. I think you should keep it awhile longer and then compare again.

Aug 30, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljcii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think so because e3c is armature based.( right ?)
I think e3c should be better overall.
Perhaps you have a different taste or you are not used to the new sound of the e3c. I think you should keep it awhile longer and then compare again.

I'm with you. E3c all the way. I wouldn't even dare comparing a E3c with a CX300 actually, entirely difference categories.

Another question, as correctly pointed out by our friend Ljcii, is the Shure sound signature, which you might like or not.

I personally love it.

Just for comparison sake, everbody says the Super.fi 5pro are wonderful, I tried them on and dind't like it. Then bought the current Shure ES420, which I love. It doesn't mean the Shure are better or viceversa, they just suit me better.

If possible try both models before buying, then let your ears decide which one is better.

Aug 30, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by sa_ill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but the cx300 have better bass and a more controlled mid and high range, how e3c still be better?...its screwing up the basics...

Your ears have been tainted by CX300 for too long. What CX300 has, are over colored bass and harsh treble. CX300 doesn't have more control mid / high, it has more mid / high (and more isn't always better). On the other hand, E3c has better resolution (the ability for listen to differentiate instruments and musical note) and a closer-to-real frequency response (in comparison), despites the fact that E3c has slightly roll-off treble. To sum up, E3c is better because CX300 has too much coloration on the music.

Aug 30, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #10 of 10
Ditto on the above. If anything the CX300 bass is bloated, and there isn't enough detail in the mids for anything besides that noisy music kids listen to nowadays. Eh, crud, that's me. Anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back