Shure E3c Info On Website
Dec 5, 2003 at 7:57 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by lindrone
Wait.. you're saying.. you don't go around bars showing off your earphones to girls?

I don't know 'bout other parts of the country, but that's how I pick up women in San Francisco!

(So... tonight.. I'll be home eating TV dinner.. yeah...)

Are you sure they're women?
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 5, 2003 at 9:22 PM Post #17 of 27
Well, I mix bands on weekends at a club in Chicago in the Lincoln Park area. Once in a while women approach me and ask what the performers are wearing in their ears. My typical answer is, "you want to try?"
It's fun. (and I'm positive that they're women.)

Dec 8, 2003 at 8:57 PM Post #19 of 27
Welly Wu: As I stated above, the new sleeves provide around 15-20 dB of isolation. We haven't finished our detailed analysis yet, but based on the shape and size we know that the results will be very similar (within 2-3 dB) to our current flex sleeves.

Dec 17, 2003 at 5:56 PM Post #21 of 27
It's a very good idea... only Sugarfried can answer this, but I don't think it's likely for any headphone manufacturer to make two different version of the same headphone with different length cable specifically for that reason.

Although if you had a headphone with detachable cable, it would've been much easier (no, they're not detachable on the Shure earphones).

Another thing to consider though, the cable in the iPod remote control isn't so great.. it degrades sound quality. Although if you are using compressed files, it'll be hard to tell. It's more apparent when I use WAV's.

Dec 17, 2003 at 8:55 PM Post #23 of 27
To be able to hear a difference in sound you need to have a cats's ear, the Etys and wav files in your ipod, otherwise you would hear exactly the same with or without the remote.

Dec 17, 2003 at 8:56 PM Post #24 of 27
We've gotten a few requests for this over the past year. My fear is that the compromise in quality to make the breakaway section would make the cable more susceptible to early failure.

Dec 17, 2003 at 8:58 PM Post #25 of 27
If you look around the forum and read up on anything regarding cables, you'd know that cable makes a difference in how well the audio signals are being passed through. I didn't used to believe that cable made so much difference, until I've heard them myself. Cables do change the characteristic of the sound, sometimes in a dramatic fashion, sometimes very subtle.

Still, the plain fact is they do. So the more cables you have in between your headphone and your source, the more likely the signal will degrade at a certain point, or create some other type of differences.

Of course, if your headphone isn't high-end enough, you probably can't hear the difference. For me, a Shure E5c was definitely able to pick up the difference between using the iPod remote and without. I didn't try the Shure E3c in similar fashions.. perhaps I'll dig them back out and compare them.

Regardless, the wiring quality in the iPod remote isn't all that great.

Dec 18, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by lindrone

"[I didn't try the Shure E3c in similar fashions.. perhaps I'll dig them back out and compare them."
[/B]

Did you get a test version of the E3Cs? I thought they weren't going on sale until Jan 2004?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back