Shure e3c/e3g: Is this normal?
Jul 2, 2006 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hamproof

New Head-Fier
I just bought a Shure e3g. Is this normal?

From the photos, two of them are showing the shape of the foam that came w/ the player. I read on another forum the foams are hand trimmed but it looks like it was badly trimmed and out of shape.

In the GAP photo, is it too much of a gap? I know these things come w/ 2 year warranty, but it looks like to me it is going to snap off or come loose anytime soon.

I bought this from a sponsored vendor on this site. Thanks for your input.

Jul 2, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 6
The gap is normal.

The foamies start to look a bit deformed after you had them inserted a few times, it does not matter.

Jul 2, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 6
The gap is normal. My e3c pair has the same thing and they've held up quite well for the past two years or so.

As for the foamies, I don't know. I've always used the rubber sleeve inserts and prefer those. If they don't sound good, pick up some more on eBay. They're pretty cheap.

Jul 4, 2006 at 12:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
The gap is normal. My e3c pair has the same thing and they've held up quite well for the past two years or so.

As for the foamies, I don't know. I've always used the rubber sleeve inserts and prefer those. If they don't sound good, pick up some more on eBay. They're pretty cheap.

The foamies fits me better. I could use rubber inserts on my left ear but on my right, only foamies do not hurt.

The thing is I just bought these less than a week ago. When it first came, the foams look exactly like in the photos. Basically they looked deformed and poorly cut.

In the bigger picture, $1.99/pair + shipping on eBay doesn't sound like a lot. But it is still $1.99/pair + shipping which I feel I didn't have to spend on something I bought new.

I've contacted the vendor and got a reply but not the reply I wanted. He said it is normal and they'll spring back to shape. I guess he didn't read my posting about them being badly cut and the fact the foamies are already on the stem. So, they would have sprung back to their original shape already.

Sent a second e-mail. Will see what happens.

I also found this other thread here:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...formed+foamies

At least his foamies will sit up straight. Mine can't coz' the ends aren't cut smooth. It's all jagged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back