Shure E2C's, are they better than Super.fi 3's?
Aug 3, 2007 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

pez

Headphoneus Supremus
There's my question, are the Shure E2C's better than the UE Super.fi 3 Studio's? How's the bass? Is the cord on the Shure E2C's molded like the UE's? Can anyone please link mods for either of these IEM's for me? What about the AT CK7's? The V-Moda Vibes?

Thanks, Pez

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 30
Haven't heard the Super.Fi 3s, but I feel pretty confident anticipating the answer to be no.
wink.gif

Personally, I *loved* my e2cs when I had them. I thought they were a lot of fun (and I still do think that is one thing that they are), but they are a long ways from a "refined" sound that everyone around here wants. They've got pretty substantial bass, but it's not the cleanest bass around. I couldn't go back to my e2s now that my ears are used to "higher-end" sound (I really should probably sell them at this point), but honestly, I'm a little nostalgic for them sometimes.

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 30
how much would you be willing to sell them for? :p

really...

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 30
I would also like to know how the Senn CX300's compare to these?

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 30
it says you own at ep-630?
CX300's are 100% same as ep-630..

I feel e2c's have a lil bit more bass but not enough to say it's a big difference.

if you switch to an e2c from sf3, however, you'd probably disapointed IMO.

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #6 of 30
I've heard sennheiser cx300's for a brief time and don't really remember them, but i know they were def. different than the ep-630's

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 30
The cx300 and ep630 are almost the same and use the same design but the drivers are a bit different. The cx300s have slightly better SQ

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #8 of 30
Hey Pez, whats happenin. In my opinion youd be better off with the super .fi's. I hate to be a little security guard on your ass but just a heads up, a mod will probably make you change that avatar, so it might just be best to change it before they see it.

Aug 3, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #9 of 30
I've also heard that the E2c's cables tend to mess up, another factor you might want to consider.

Aug 3, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Pez, whats happenin. In my opinion youd be better off with the super .fi's. I hate to be a little security guard on your ass but just a heads up, a mod will probably make you change that avatar, so it might just be best to change it before they see it.

I agree. I liked the super.fi 3's better than the e2c's when I heard them.

And about your avatar... Funny, but a little inappropriate for this forum.

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #11 of 30
How critical are you intending to listen with either of the pair?

i still own a pair of "modded" e2's. They aren't transparent in the least. In fact, they are exactly as previously described.

Fun.

They add a bit of punch and muddy up some stuff and there isn't anything wrong with that, as long as thats where you're heading and you know all about it along the way.

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #13 of 30
ok, thanks everyone, and i will change back my avatar :p

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #15 of 30
what about links to these so-called "mods" and what do you guys think about the Shure E3C's? Are they better than the Super.fi 3's in bass and anything else? How do they compare to the Super.fi 5 Pro's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back