Shure E2C's, are they better than Super.fi 3's?
Aug 3, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #16 of 30
The legendary Kramer mod:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...Kramer+mod+E2c

I've been very fond of my E2c's, but I have to say, in comparison with the X3 or the AT CK7, they just don't cut it any more....I was surprised by how little I enjoyed them after hoiking them out for a listen the other day: warm, goodish mids but poor separation & detail, muddy bass & little top frissant, despite the mod. Their isolation is really good, & I've no problem with cables (built like a tank IMO)...but, you can do much better these days.

Aug 3, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #18 of 30
"IEM users like it deep." - norseman8485

sexual pun? lol

anyways, anyone know how good the bass response is for the e3c's compared to the super.fi 3's and are the shure's (e3c's) better?

scratch that^

make that the newer etymotic er-4p's.

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #19 of 30
If I was you Pez, I'd scrape together a little more $$ and go for the Super .fi 5 Pro's. You can get them fairly cheap on the for sale forums around here, and for a few (and I do mean a few) more bucks, you're at a whole other level.

Aug 3, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by big-fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E2c's cables are MUCH MUCH better than sf3's

especially if you carry them in your pocket..

Yes thats something you should also consider, shure use good cables

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #21 of 30
need some opinions about the shure e3c's?

bump^

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
need some opinions about the shure e3c's?

bump^

The Shure E3cs are on the same level as Super.fi 3s in overall SQ, but less musical ('fun') and more expensive, although do isolate more. Therefore, the Super.fis are clearly a better choice IMO if isolation is not that critical for you. However, if you can, save up some money and get yourself a pair of Shure SE310s. They are excellent IEMs IMO - very neutral and detailed, very small in size and offer great isolation. You may also want to take a look at the Westone UM2s, which are another great in-ear with great sound and isolation. The UE Super.fi 5Pros that have previously been recommended to you are fine IEMs and can be found for less, but they are definitely not for everyone. They have recessed midrange compared to their bass and the treble and I find that music often sounds a bit too distant and hollow through them. Some people may be OK with this sound signature though, so it all depends on your personal tastes. Also, the UE 5 don't isolate as well as the Shures and Westones either and may be more difficult to insert properly into the ears.

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #23 of 30
Oh wait, so you already got the Super.fi 3s. How do you like them?

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #24 of 30
I like them a lot, they are very good in highs and mids, but are a little lacking in the bass and treble department, but as the burn in i'm noticing a difference, do you have any of your IEM's you'd be willing to sell?

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #25 of 30
what about the e4c's? how do they compare to the super.fi 5's and 3's?

Aug 4, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #26 of 30
bump^ need some opinions about shure e4c's and what other IEM's they compete with.

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #28 of 30
omg thanks so much, i'm surprised someone took their time to do this, thanks man

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #29 of 30
Unfortunately for you, that doesn't really narrow your decision for the super fi. vs. E4, right?

IT didn't for me... But the Super fi. is a lot cheaper than the E4 nowadays.

Aug 4, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #30 of 30
yeah, it was very informative, it told me what i wanted to know, and the red super.fi 5 pro's go for $200 and the E4C's go for $190, but i like the white s.f 5 pros too which are $157, my main two for comparing now are the E4C's and the Super.fi 5 Pro's and I think I'm gonna stick to my original choice of the Super.fi's, I'm about 70% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back