Shure E2c soft sleeves coming 2/15/05!
Feb 25, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #197 of 291
ANNOUNCEMENT: Update

sleevechart12.jpg

I'm going to have to apologize yet again on behalf of the guy who I'm trying to work out this group buy with. He said he would call Shure yesterday and let me know the details but did not end up e-mailing me back. I sent an e-mail just now.

More patience please, sorry you guys are having to wait so long for your sleeves!!

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #199 of 291
Not too late at all. Remember, this won't be finalized for probably a week or so, but we'll see.

Feb 25, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #201 of 291
two questions:

what is the purpose of the group buy and what is the difference between flex sleeves and triple flange sleeves? I know the triple flange sleeves have a sort of 3 mushroom head type design but the flex sleeve looks the same on Shure's website. The pictures on their site are very small.

Feb 25, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #202 of 291
Just got my e2c's today and messed around with the fit kit. I found the medium sizes to fit me best.

Could you change me to just 2 mediums please? I don't need the smalls now, they don't get a seal in my ear.

LiquidTension, the purpose of the group buy is to save people money. Not everyone needs 5 pairs of these things, which is the only way shure offers sleeves on their website. It also saves on shipping costs when everything is pooled together. It is much cheaper than buying them seperately.

The triple flange sleeves do have a three mushroom head design, but they're only for the e1c's, e3c's, and e5c's, not the e2c's. You would have to perform a mod of some sort to get triple flange sleeves to work on e2c's. The flex sleevs are the ones in the picture of the e2c's on the shure website, and just about everwhere. They're the small, clear caps.

Feb 25, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #203 of 291
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hase
e2css5.jpg

FlexSleeves.jpg

Those are pics of the regular, clear flex sleeves, that come with the E2c's as of right now, and the new ones are the black ones. These are not tri-flange at all. In fact, tri-flange are not even available for the E2c's, as much as I'd like them to be. These new "ultra-soft" flex sleeves are meant to be an alternative to the regular flex sleeves, which many find uncomfortable. These new ones offer increased comfort and a better seal as a result of their increased flexibility.

StrikerTek basically outlined the purpose of a group buy.

Feb 26, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #204 of 291
It would be excellent if you could add one sheet of wax guards to my order (lost the bloody sheet).

If not, anyone up to starting a waxguard group buy?
etysmile.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #206 of 291
Would you say that the sizes are pretty much the same? Small clear are roughly the same as small flex? If so, put me down for 2 smalls and 1 medium.

Feb 26, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #207 of 291
By the way, has anyone noticed now that the sleeves for the quietspot headphones are now available seperately (not only as part of the "fit kits") so you can order 5 pairs of whatever sleeve you like... including ultrasofts. Seems strange that they have the sleeves for the quietspots on the site now, but still no e2c sleeves.

They're the same exact thing, right?

Feb 26, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #208 of 291
Hey MD, can you please change my order to 2 pairs of smalls, instead of 3? And I would like to add a wax guard sheet to my order as well. I appreciate it!

[edit]: I just read what Sottilde wrote, and checked the site, and the flexes are there seperately. Now all the other eartips are the same between the quietspot and the e2c, so how come the soft flexes are still hidden for the e2cs? Conspiracy in the making?

Feb 26, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #209 of 291
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sottilde
By the way, has anyone noticed now that the sleeves for the quietspot headphones are now available seperately (not only as part of the "fit kits") so you can order 5 pairs of whatever sleeve you like... including ultrasofts. Seems strange that they have the sleeves for the quietspots on the site now, but still no e2c sleeves.

They're the same exact thing, right?

yes

Feb 27, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #210 of 291
ANNOUNCEMENT: Update

sleevechart13.jpg

I have no recieved any information so far from either the Shure representative or the Shure dealer I have been trying to contact, which isn't looking good. Worst-case scenario I am going to draw a deadline for submission a few days after the sleeves come out on Shure's website. I will then be handling financial stuff.

As for those who have a YES next to your name, I urge you to please PM me and set things straight because you most likely haven't given me your full word or haven't given me enough info. If you have a yes next to your name by the deadline, you will be removed from the group buy unless you have specified a quantity, in which case I will attempt to contact you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back