sleevechart.jpg

Feb 9, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #49 of 291
Quote:

Originally Posted by itch
What do these new tips look like?

e2css5.jpg

FlexSleeves.jpg

Feb 9, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #50 of 291
You can get me out of your list. Thanks !

Edit: I tested the super soft sleeves I received from viator122.

- They indeed are more comfy than the plastic ones. Much more. I think everybody will agree on that point.
- Still, the violating sensation of a solid body is there, as well as the pressure difference sensation when putting them on. IMHO it is still far away from the foam sensation.
- They are quite fragile. Take care when you remove them from the earphones.
- In my ears, they go deeper than the plastic tips. Maybe as deep as with the foams. So better sound and stronger bass. The top of the sound tube also is more exposed compared to the plastic tips, which can also result in deeper penetration.
- I couldn't notice any significant isolation difference.

My conclusion: Best option for short term or "on&off" use, the foams are still better for longer listening periods.

Feb 9, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #51 of 291
For anyone who's had the opportunity to try them already: Would you say that the new tip sizes are equivalent to the old sizes? If you're used to using the large tips, would you still be using the large size here?

Feb 9, 2005 at 3:49 PM Post #52 of 291
I used the small white/clear silicon tips only and comfortably use medium soft flex tips. I agree with Sebb, as I posted in my review of the new tips.

Feb 9, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #53 of 291
I most likely will be moding soft tips so the tube penetrates deeper into my ear. I did this mod to my small clear tips and the difference is significant (IMHO). I have the tube end so it is flush with the tip surface.

Garrett

Feb 9, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #54 of 291
The material is very thin in the soft flex tips, I am not sure how much "shaping" or "modifying" anyone might be able to do. Do you have pictures of what your other mod looked like?

Feb 9, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #55 of 291
Just got mine today..

I will say they are much better then the foam tips for me. Takes seconds to put in, just pull out your ear and pop em in.

Seal seems much better, and easier to get. Sound quality seems better.

Mediums and Larges seemed very big to me though, i'm sticking with smalls.

MD1032 can you scratch me off the list for mediums, just 2 pairs of smalls please???

Feb 9, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #57 of 291
More than interested! I use small foamies, but I used the large tips on my EX71's... Would accept any.

Feb 9, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #58 of 291
I'm getting my E2C's tomorrow but I'm interested in the new tips. I have relatively small ears so maybe the smalls? How much will they be?

Feb 9, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #59 of 291
Angelfly, how many do you want, and what quantity?

Lt_Core I have no idea to be perfectly honest how much they will be per pair, so I'll take your name down but as for the price, I'm guessing it will be quite cheap.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Shure still hasn't e-mailed be back about the group buy, and like I said, if a couple more days pass by and I haven't gotten an e-mail, I'm calling.

Paypal will be the accepted form of payment. If you really have a good reason not to pay me via paypal, send me a PM. Thanks. Obviously, I'll also have to convince my dad to support me with the use of his paypal account but as for all of the shipping costs and such I'll have to go to the post office and find out the best way to ship these, and for international members, we're going to have to work something out privately, because I'm not eating the cost of shipping internationally if it's expensive.

Obviously I have no pricing info yet but I'm guessing they'll be cheap like I said, hopefully around $2 a pair + shipping, which will hopefully be so insignificant I can tell you guys to forget about it.

edit: I experimented and added 50 pairs of sleeves to my cart. Shipping? $6.00. Sweet! Looks like this is going to be quite cheap after all, and if I can get a discount, it'll be even cheaper. (for those that can't do the math, it's a lot cheaper for one guy to pay $6.00 for shipping than for 25 people to pay $3.00 each)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back