Shure E2C broke, need earphone recommendation
Jun 23, 2007 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

okinawa_joe

Head-Fier
Hello there, I just got a Meizu M6 PMP and have been using my E2Cs a lot more again, I got these about 3 years ago. I started noticing wierd noises and thought it was the PMP, ended up being a faulty Shure cord, right there where the actual earpiece bends...

Anyhow, I love the E2C sound, I upgraded to these from Sony EX70s. I want to avoid Shure but would like to get a sound similar to that of the E2Cs.

I've been searching the forums but I'm yet to make up my mind on this.

The CX300 is a possibility, er6i ?

Won't be using any amps, mainly using these with portable players and my laptop, E2C-level isolation is a must, and comfortable to wear (the E2Cs are if I use the soft flex tips).

Anyhow, what would you guys recommend ?

Thnx.

Jun 23, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 10
Just got myself a pair of CX300 on ebay for 19€ which I think is good enough even for backup phones.

Now on to the serious buy!...

Jun 23, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 10
The E2C and CX300 sound quite different. Compared with the E2C the CX300s are a lot more 'fun' sounding because they have more bass and have less treble roll-off but I don't think they are as accurate. I usually use the CX300 in short stints but always revert back to the E2C after a while
smily_headphones1.gif
I haven't heard the er6i but a lot of people seem to think they have less bass then the E2C.

In terms of isolation the CX300 isolate a lot less then E2C so if isolation really is an issue I would skip them. I would imagine that the er6i isolate better then the E2C because of their tips.

I'm not sure what to recommend but there should be better IEMs out there then the E2C.

Edit: Wow you replied as I was typing! the CX300 are great phones for that price.

Jun 23, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #4 of 10
Well, I am actually thinking of getting the E2Cs again ? maybe they solved the reliability issue with the cords.

What other IEMs are on par with the E2C sound ?? er6i have the "clinical" sound, SuperFi 3 Studio ???

I think I am looking for a fun sound rather than anything else.

anyone ?
eggosmile.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by okinawa_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got myself a pair of CX300 on ebay for 19€ which I think is good enough even for backup phones.

Now on to the serious buy!...

hopefully those cx300's aren't fake...

Jun 23, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #6 of 10
Well yeah, I was a bit concerned with that, but reading up on the seller's feedback calmed me a bit as it was very positive.

My E2Cs are damaged for good, if I start moving the sound gets all distored.

Jun 23, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #7 of 10
If looking for a fun sound sig, might as well move up to the UE Super.Fi 5 Pros. They're the less accurate (and most fun) of the $200 IEMs, out of E4s and ER-4P/S.

Jun 23, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #8 of 10
Mylarone X3s with foamies might do the trick. Less mids than the E2cs but better clarity, bass, detail, highs, etc.... With foamies Isolation is pretty good.

Also have you considered newer Shures like SE210? Because you're already happy with E2c, don't upgrade to over $100 if you don't feel the need, you'll be sorry for your wallet.

Jun 23, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 10
Which of these are better overall, counting isolation, comfort and sound:

Shure E2C
SuperFi 3 Studio
Ety ER6i
d-Jays

am I leaving some others out that are worth looking ??

Jun 23, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If looking for a fun sound sig, might as well move up to the UE Super.Fi 5 Pros. They're the less accurate (and most fun) of the $200 IEMs, out of E4s and ER-4P/S.

This is the way to go. You can get most of them mentioned for under $190 or less if you buy them used. Save a little bit extra and get something you'll be happy with for quite some time. I had the same exact upgrade path as you and from the E2s went to the Super.fi 5 Pros. Haven't looked back since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back