SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Oct 3, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #481 of 590
Who the **** buys a $189 bluetooth wireless adaptor and attach expensive IEMs just to focus on calls?
I mean really? For God's sake! people will put high end IEMs on this and yet there is no NEXT/PREVIOUS controls???????????????
This is why I'm still not upgrading my utws1 solely for convenience and currently attached is a 90ohm OH7. lol!
Next time just put PAUSE/NEXT/PREVIOUS controls and the rest goes to sound improvement.
There’s a next/previous option. I’m enjoying the upgraded and customizable options they now offer.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #482 of 590
There’s is a next/previous option. I’m enjoying the upgraded and customizable options they now offer.
Exactly. Those new options were most welcome, they are just not set by default.

Oct 3, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #483 of 590
Who the **** buys a $189 bluetooth wireless adaptor and attach expensive IEMs just to focus on calls?
I mean really? For God's sake! people will put high end IEMs on this and yet there is no NEXT/PREVIOUS controls???????????????
This is why I'm still not upgrading my utws1 solely for convenience and currently attached is a 90ohm OH7. lol!
Next time just put PAUSE/NEXT/PREVIOUS controls and the rest goes to sound improvement.
I don't recall anyone just focusing on the calls. Yes there were people on about the one ear sound issue, but over all that has been a minor quibble.
With the Gen2, Shure has vastly improved the adapters. Yes, the TW1's were limited in that regard.
Volume control, track control are well integrated and the customization through the app makes these easy to "make your own".
As well, bluetooth stability is markedly improved in the gen 2, far ;less cut outs in my use thus far.

The Gen2 has none of the glitches/lack of features mentioned about the gen 1.. Your argument may have had weight 6 months ago. It doesn't now..

Oct 4, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #486 of 590
I for one care if a TWS adapter works well for calls -- whether I can hear the call on both ears, whether I can grab either side and use it alone for mono calls, whether I can seamlessly switch to the other side if the battery is low on the one side, and of course how well the mic picks up my voice and filters out background noise.

I buy these for sound quality, to listen to music on; otherwise I would get some Airdots or other cheap TWS set. But like most people I sometimes get phone calls while listening to music, and would rather not take 2 sets of earphones everywhere and tell callers to hold while I switch to the other, so I also care about the call experience.

Oct 4, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #487 of 590
Since we’re talking about customizing the tw2 curious what set up you have. I use the 1 button press to pause but at the same time set it up to use environmental mode with the pause plus. Since I pause it’s usually when I’m talking to someone or want to hear something. 2 presses I use to skip or back up songs. I added a screenshot of my set up.

Attachments

• 30A89BB8-6AE6-4F65-9983-68A7F1A42383.jpeg
    30A89BB8-6AE6-4F65-9983-68A7F1A42383.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 39EEDBF6-1B6A-47FF-BFFB-8B286C2BB4E3.jpeg
    39EEDBF6-1B6A-47FF-BFFB-8B286C2BB4E3.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 4, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #488 of 590
Since we’re talking about customizing the tw2 curious what set up you have. I use the 1 button press to pause but at the same time set it up to use environmental mode with the pause plus. Since I pause it’s usually when I’m talking to someone or want to hear something. 2 presses I use to skip or back up songs. I added a screenshot of my set up.
Thanks for showing the updated features.
Went to the store and tested utws3 / RMCE-WT1/T2 today using my M11pro & zx507 with OH7 & Andromeda-gold attached.
I can easily tell whats improved from utws1->s3 sound quality but between utws1->RMCE-WT1/T2 there is really nothing special, only the volume increase.
Seems shure spent most of the money on the call features and not on the SQ.
Also the RMCE ear guide is to tight, felt like my ears won't stand 2hrs with it. utws1's guide is softer but still, I had to put a shrinkable tube to relieve the pressure so I can wear it 4hrs+. this time utws3 has a wider ear guide which I never felt any pressure.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #490 of 590
Went to the store and tested utws3 / RMCE-WT1/T2 today using my M11pro & zx507 with OH7 & Andromeda-gold attached.
I can easily tell whats improved from utws1->s3 sound quality but between utws1->RMCE-WT1/T2 there is really nothing special, only the volume increase.
Also the RMCE ear guide is to tight, felt like my ears won't stand 2hrs with it. utws1's guide is softer but still, I had to put a shrinkable tube to relieve the pressure so I can wear it 4hrs+. this time utws3 has a wider ear guide which I never felt any pressure.
I heard no difference in sound quality between G1 & G2. I initially thought they may be goosed, after some a/b listening, and rational thought, they are even.
And the only thing they improved on the phone call features was on dual earphone call audio and a bit better microphone.
Everything else is on the audio side int terms of playback features. Regarding ear guide, if the drivers are not seated in the ears right it pushes/pulls the guides and that
has bothered me at times. I use no EQ other than pre-amp, and as I said, I hear no difference in sound quality. It would be stupid for Shure to completely revamp these, then kill the audio in favor of the phone functions, because no one goes to Shure for their phone quality needs; not to mention they are not going to institute portable EQ settings into a sound altered wireless system.
IMO, anything wrong with the TW1-1G has been fixed. These paired with my 846 are perfect.

Oct 4, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #492 of 590
I heard no difference in sound quality between G1 & G2. I initially thought they may be goosed, after some a/b listening, and rational thought, they are even.
And the only thing they improved on the phone call features was on dual earphone call audio and a bit better microphone.
Everything else is on the audio side int terms of playback features. Regarding ear guide, if the drivers are not seated in the ears right it pushes/pulls the guides and that
has bothered me at times. I use no EQ other than pre-amp, and as I said, I hear no difference in sound quality. It would be stupid for Shure to completely revamp these, then kill the audio in favor of the phone functions, because no one goes to Shure for their phone quality needs; not to mention they are not going to institute portable EQ settings into a sound altered wireless system.
IMO, anything wrong with the TW1-1G has been fixed. These paired with my 846 are perfect.
Good summary. Yes, to me the main focus is high quality audio as well. Being able to make phone calls is a nice addition, but nothing more.
And yes, the TW2 is a major step forward regarding functionality. Especially on-device EQ -- although I don't use EQ -- and being able to customize the button functions is nice to have.
I wish the case was more compact and supported Qi wireless charging. :frowning2:
While I'd also like to have a smaller case, there's not that much room wasted actually... I don't use wireless charging, but that should be possible of course. The case did not change though, so no new features there.
I'm quite happy with the option to have them switch on when removed from the case btw.

Oct 4, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #493 of 590
....being able to customize the button functions is nice to have.

While I'd also like to have a smaller case, there's not that much room wasted actually... I don't use wireless charging, but that should be possible of course. The case did not change though, so no new features there.
I'm quite happy with the option to have them switch on when removed from the case btw.
Completely agree.

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #494 of 590
UTWS3 definitely sounds better than TW1 especially in the treble, and TW2 does not seem to make any improvements to SQ. As for fit, in my experience TW1 is a better fit with "ergo-fit" style IEMs like Shure makes, while UTWS3 fits better with "pseudo-custom" style IEMs like Fiio makes. Andromeda is closest to a pseudo-custom so it's not surprising that UTWS3 would fit better with it.

Hi are the tw2 louder than the tw1 can I turn the tw2 up separate to the phone or is the volume on the headphones for the phone volume
Unless they've added an on-device volume control since TW1, it is the same. You can't make it go louder than its max volume, and there isn't a way to adjust device volume, just the Bluetooth volume on your phone. You can make it go pretty loud though, at least if you use it with something higher sentitivity than an SE215, and tell the app you've connected an SE215. Set it to SE846 and its volume will go way down since that one is way more sensitive.

Oct 7, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #495 of 590
Just got my TW2. And it has just closed all the complaints most of us had. Buttons mappable to play/pause, environment mode, next track, previous track, voice assistant or no action. Awesome just got exactly what I wanted. AND (PAUSE PLUS) feature wow just superb - switches environment mode on when you pause.
I am 100% happy with this update. Just waiting to try if the disconnection issue is gone. Will update in a few days after my rides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back