SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Oct 22, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #331 of 595
@me7
Thanks a lot for your answers. A few follow ups:
  • What's wrong with Shure, they really don't turn on when I take them out of the case? The case is different than what Samsung or Apple did for their earphones. Those companies made small cases that fit their earphones like a glove, small enough that you carry them with you. The Shure case is large, it is has space for all the different earphones Shure makes and all the different tips you can attach to them. It is even larger than necessary to fit Shire's lineup, which enables you to use larger aftermarket tips. I can charge my SE846 without having to remove my aftermarket tips every time. With a case that large, I don't carry it with my. I leave I at home as a stationary charger. I remove the earphones in the morning and place them back in the evening. If they would turn on automatically at removal, I'd actually be annoyed and turn them off immediately. With a stationary charger, removal does not equal intention to use. This is highly subjective of course, just want to give you some food for thought about how you would use such a large case and what this behaviour means to you.
  • I have to turn on both manually, or just the right one? Both.
  • So it basically doesn't matter which device setting I use and it's just personal preference for the volume steps? Yes. Just for better scaling, so that 10%, 50%, 90% on the volume bar is closer to the perceived actual volume. Otherwise the lowest setting on your phone could still be too loud under certain conditions, or the second to highest could be too low while the highest is already too loud.

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #332 of 595
@me7
Thanks a lot for your answers. A few follow ups:
  • What's wrong with Shure, they really don't turn on when I take them out of the case?
  • I have to turn on both manually, or just the right one?
  • So it basically doesn't matter which device setting I use and it's just personal preference for the volume steps?

I think the answers given by @me7 are correct.
For your additional questions:
* no, they don't turn on automatically. Requires an additional step, but at least they can be transported outside the case without using battery.
* yes, you have to turn on both. Switching off works from one piece (either side)
* exactly.

I've used env mode one or two times, works just fine to hear conversation/env over the music.

Oct 23, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #334 of 595
So, now that I've decided that I'd like to try these.... I've just realised that they aren't available in Australia.

The local distributer I contacted doesn't have a release date here, but is hoping for 'before Christmas'

*sigh* - Looks like my 846's are staying wired for a little while longer :)

Oct 23, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #335 of 595
Hi

• Does the right side battery still run out way faster than the left side one? Yes, I get roughly 7 hours out of the right earpiece. ( me too)
  • Do they automatically power on/off and pair/unpair when used with the case? Putting them in the case automatically switches them off. Taking them out does not turn them on automatically. (Yes you will need to switch the left and right on separately, but it's nothing difficult by the way)
  • Does music still resume on the right side only after ending a call? No. Never happend for me.( resumes on both sides)
  • Is the environment mode good enough to use while listening to music? (for better awareness when walking around in the city) Never used it. ( Yes I use mine while cycling too and it's perfect)
  • The left side won't ever be able to be used as standalone due to hardware limitations? Correct.
  • Are connection problems still a thing? Not for me. But that depends on where you keep your phone and the interference in your environment. ( None for me too)
  • No multi point connection due to hardware limitations? Not sure. I think you're correct.
  • Any thoughts on the RMCE-TW1 vs the Fiio UTWS3? (a successor to the UTWS1, which will be released soon) Never used the Fiio.
  • Are the device/impedance settings saved on the TW1 or does this just work when used with the app? The setting is stored on the device. But it's not impedance, just better scaling of the volume slider according to the selected Shure IEM's efficiency.
  • Is there a "generic" device/impedance setting to choose when using the TW1 with third party IEMs? Just a list of Shure IEMs.
My two cents in brackets.

I am sure others can help you with questions not yet answered.

Take care

Oct 23, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #336 of 595
And it doesn't alter the sound too much? Depending on the env-mode-strength-setting of course.

I did not change the default setting, yet its hard to tell if there's a change to the music: you're hearing outside noise mixed after all, so there's definitely something different when engaging env mode :wink:
But no, I did not hear any artifacts that made my music unlistenable if that's your question.

Oct 23, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #338 of 595
So, now that I've decided that I'd like to try these.... I've just realised that they aren't available in Australia.

The local distributer I contacted doesn't have a release date here, but is hoping for 'before Christmas'

*sigh* - Looks like my 846's are staying wired for a little while longer :)

Same here in Singapore. I ordered mine from Amazon Japan. Delivered in 5 days.

Oct 23, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #339 of 595
Same here in Singapore. I ordered mine from Amazon Japan. Delivered in 5 days.

Sadly the tw1 doesn’t show up for me when I search for them on Amazon Japan. I don’t suppose you have a link I could try?

Oct 23, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #342 of 595
Just search for "shure true wireless secure fit adapter". It shows up for me and I'm from Germany.
Here you go

SHURE RM CE-TW1 Fully Wireless Secure Fit Adapter, External Sound Intake / Microphone Included, Bluetooth 5.0 / Type-C Cable, Black https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B084SV9PGK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_S0RKFbG0Y8F5J

Thanks for the help

Unfortunately they only appear if I set my shipping location to somewhere other than Australia.

The direct link confirms they won’t ship here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back