Shure Black "Olive" Foamies vs. Comply canal tips *Ultimate Showdown*
Jun 2, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL...the pair I'd send would be new!

Can send 1pr to Indonesia if you're up for it. Just in an ordinary airmail letter, nothing fancy.

i love it when an english pronounce "nothing fancy".... Sean Connery in mind....
ksc75smile.gif

Wow, u r one nice fellow. If using airmail its not certain when its going to reach me..... I might be somewhere else, like Malaysia. So i ll pass. Realy thanks. I'm sure someone else will pm you for that free foam by the time they read this... hehe

Maybe you can compare them with stock FS foam, the smaller one. If you have atrios. Anyone?

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by cLy_eVo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i love it when an english pronounce "nothing fancy".... Sean Connery in mind....
ksc75smile.gif

Wow, u r one nice fellow. If using airmail its not certain when its going to reach me..... I might be somewhere else, like Malaysia. So i ll pass. Realy thanks. I'm sure someone else will pm you for that free foam by the time they read this... hehe

Maybe you can compare them with stock FS foam, the smaller one. If you have atrios. Anyone?

Sure, I can be of some help.

The smaller foams are actually considered small by Future Sonics. There is no medium, just small and large. Medium Olives are much bigger than the small foamies included with the Atrio's, and I think even the small Olives may be bigger as well.

To be honest, I hated the Olives. I don't know whether my skin is simply allergic to the material that composes them or what, but they were always uncomfortable over lengthy periods within my ear canal no matter how small of a size I was using.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #34 of 37
plan to get some olive, but not sure which size should i go for. I am used to Comply Tx series, medium is too loose for me and only can use large. Should i get large olive too?

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:
plan to get some olive, but not sure which size should i go for. I am used to Comply Tx series, medium is too loose for me and only can use large. Should i get large olive too?

The sizings don't differ by much. But the safe bet for you would be the medium ones. I used medium Complys and they did fit quite well but the softness made them feel like a weak fit, like it wasn't able to hold on to my ears. With small Olives, it's been a pleasure. But the Olives could get irritating after prolonged use. When your ears got sweaty, the Olives could get quite sticky, it's quite irritating.

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #37 of 37
I have tried them all on various Shure iems over the years, namely E500, SE530 and SE535's !

my favorite at the moment, and I urge you to buy the sample pack first to get your ideal size, they are the Monster Supertips 

not cheap, but really are very good in all ways, isolation and SQ are the best I have ever encountered  
smily_headphones1.gif

https://www.monsterproducts.com/Monster_SuperTips_Sampler_Pack_with_Gel_and_Foam_Tips

NB a number of people on various forums are raving about them, and they were right to recommend them highly ! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back