Shure AONIC 50 -
Jun 28, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #166 of 1,309
Received these yesterday. They're alright. The sound is generally decent, but A/Bing them with the SRH1540 is disappointing - I don't think of the 1540 as a bass heavy headphone, but the Aonic 50 is really lean on the low end. The 1540 just has a bigger, deeper sound and being so comfortable amplifies that feeling.

I do need some wireless headphones with a mic now that I'll be working from home for quite a while, and with that in mind I'll probably not send them back. I don't think the Bose or Sony headphones sounded better from what I can recall, but it's been a while. These are probably still the best option for the use case.

I've not tried ANC, since I don't need/want it at the moment. I also haven't tried different equaliser settings.

1593336631271.png

Thanks for this impression of the AONIC 50 relative to the SRH1540, since I have the SRH1540, and the way you say that the AONIC 50 is lean by comparison makes me think that perhaps the AONIC 50 is voiced closer to the SRH940, perhaps? (I know from having both the 1540 and the 940 that the 940 is definitely leaner in its presentation than the 1540 and it could be argued that the 940 are more neutral than the 1540.)

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #167 of 1,309
I receiving the second pair of SA50 this morning.

Is more easy moving the ear cups from one side to the other side, and this is better for the adjusting the correct position and is nice isn't very completely loose like the majority of headphones. In this way the ear cups staying exactly in the right position. I want mentioning that the smelling of glue, or something similar like strong glue, isn't strong smelling when I opening the box this time. This is good too.

My second pair is connecting with 2 devices perfectly, so no problem here...now.

I putting 1 hour playing with 70% of the volume before I listening the first time the second pair. This way the driver is completely ready in my opinion (I never believing in burn-in). My first pair is having 142 hrs of playing and today I don't hearing a difference in the sound after directly I comparing for approximately 25 minutes the 2 pairs with 2 iPhones XS with the same music and the same volume.

Jun 29, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #168 of 1,309
I have been using my Aonic 50 for a few weeks now and i must say they are everything i could ever hope for. I am not an audiophile, so I wont go into that much detail. But I will share my experience so those of you that are still not sure whether or not to make the purchase.

Sound:
I'll quote Donald on this one. "It is just so great. I love it. " I dont know which i liked best of these and the io-6, as I did not have them at the same time. But these are just as satisfying to my ears as the Dali was when i owned them. And these do not have that annoyingly background hiss all the time. This was why I decided to return the Dali. I now also have the PX7 in my drawer, and those are so dark a boomy, a sound that is not for me at all. They also did not sound that good when used at lower volumes. This the shure nails, just like the io-6.

Comfort:
I was really surprised on how comfortable these were. The fabric of the inner edge of the ear pads makes them way less sweaty than those with just pleather inside. Suppose this also makes the sound leak into and out of the headset, but this is not something i really care about. Also i enjoy that the ear pads are "flat" against my head, and does not curve like a lot of ear pads do. (it has an angled u shape, not regular u with curves, if you understand) This gives a softer feeling, and makes them less gripy. Which i like.

So, I am very glad I can finally stop searching for wireless headset for a while. I will own these for a very long time. They are actually perfect in every way, to me at least.

Got brown but ordered black. But the color is growing on me :)

Thanks for all your advice in this thread, glad i purchased theseeee!

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #169 of 1,309
Figured I'd post my review of the Shure vs. PX7 vs. Dali. I provided my feedback on reddit but copying it here.

Summary

In short, I think the B&W PX7 is the most polished and premium pair of the bunch. It is not as resolving as the Shure and doesn’t have an EQ (though frankly Shure's EQ implementation through the app is trash) but is better built, looks better, has better connectivity/ease of use, and battery life. They do have a better sound stage than the Shure and sound more lively/dynamic. However, clamping force may be an issue for some.

The Shure is for those who want the best sounding pair of cans (better transient response/ resolution) and an EQ (though it being limited to just via the app is awful) but are willing to give up a bit in terms of battery life, connectivity/ease of use, build quality, and aesthetics relative to the B&W PX7.

Frankly, I didn’t like the Dali and for those who enjoy their sound signature, you should just get the Shure AONIC 50. Let me put this plainly; the Shure render the Dali largely irrelevant.

Will score all cans on the following factors out of 10.

Sound:

Shure AONIC 50: 9 the Shure sounded very flat and were quite resolving in the high end. The vocals were very pleasant and had a level of transparency I didn’t quite get from the PX7. The low end was also quite tight though a bit light relative to the PX7. The sound stage was okay – nothing to write home about. If you want a pair of resolving cans with solid transient response, these will do well. It’s a fun pair of headphones but is not as lively/punchy/dynamic as the PX7.

Admittedly, at their standard “flat” EQ, I found the highs a bit difficult to deal with at high volumes. Fortunately, the app allows you to change to other EQ settings or make your own EQ curve but you can't save it to the cans. You have to run the music via the app. Frankly, this renders the EQ useless. The cans DO NOT retain the EQ settings when the app isn’t loaded and music is playing via other sources.

B&W PX7: 8 These were the cans I liked most by default as their frequency response was in line with what appeals to me in headphones. If the H7s had a better sound stage, were more lively/dynamic, and had more precision in the low-end, they would sound like the PX7. They are a bit more resolving than the H7 in the high end but not as resolving as the Dali or Shure. The app doesn’t have an EQ.

Dali IO-4: 6 – Similar to the Shure but have no app, EQ, or smart features. I had a real issue with sibilance with these cans when the volume was turned up. It doesn’t show up all the time, but some recordings are frankly unlistenable for me. One major issue I noticed was how sensitive these cans are to positioning on your head. Tilting the cans even slightly while on my head would clearly indicate that the seal around my ears was weak and the sound would become hollow as a result. These formed a better seal without my glasses. How this issue was not spotted by Dali is beyond me. Frankly, if you have glasses and they have thick arms, best to skip these headphones. Even when I got them positioned just right, these cans just sounded off to me. I have no clue what people mean when they say these sound “natural” but these were outliers to me- the soundstage was just off and I found vocals recessed at odd times and overly prominent at others. These cans are incoherent and finicky. This is Dali’s first attempt at making headphones and it shows.

B&O H7: 6 The sound is pretty generic here. Follows the typical Harman curve many folks like. Rolled off highs, slightly elevated lows. Generally, a very coherent sound but lacks detail.

Comfort:

B&O H7: 9- relatively light cans at ~270g. Clamping force is light but may be too light as it’s the least secure on the head. I can watch a film wearing these and only feel a slight bit of pressure on the head after the session. They do get a bit warm with the lamb-skin earcups.

Dali IO-4: 8 I have no clue why these headphones are 320 grams. It’s likely due to the enormous battery. It doesn’t feel too heavy and the clamping force is completely reasonable. Weight distribution is great. The cutouts for the ear are large circles rather than ovals. Your ear doesn’t touch the inside of the cans at all. However, those cutouts may be the problem -see my comments about their sound above.

Shure AONIC 50: 7.5 The weight distribution is great and these are very plush. But they are 335g, making them the heaviest of the bunch. You do feel a lot of padding touching the sides of your head and scalp. These are the least low-profile of the bunch in that there is quite a bit of contact between your skin and these cans.

B&W PX7: 7 These are the most low-profile cans of the Dali, Shure and B&W. Not a lot of contact between the cans and your skin. These are 310g and do feel lighter than the Dali or Shure. However, if you’re sensitive to clamping force and are inclined to get headaches easily, these may not be the cans for you. They are an improvement over their prior cans but there’s still room to reduce the clamping force.

Durability

B&O H7: 10 I’ve yet to find better built headphones. Aluminum, fabric, leather. Extremely elegant but built like a tank. You’d have to pretty darn negligent to damage these cans.

B&W PX7: 9 I wish they stayed with actual leather here. Regardless, they’re built very sturdy and the fabric backing will do better with scuffs and scrapes as opposed to the plastic or metal used in the Shure and Dali.

Dali IO-4: 8 Sturdy construction. The headband is stiff and doesn’t have much give when twisted so that may be an issue. No creaking - the hinges that connect to the earcups may be the only weak spot if bent hard in the wrong direction though that’s highly unlikely.

Shure AONIC 50: 6.5 I do hear creaking when adjusting these cans. The point at which the metal band connects to the cushioned headband doesn’t feel as secure as the other cans. The hinge that connects the arms to the earcups doesn’t have much range of motion- maybe 20 degree. Most hinges creak. I don’t know if these cans will last me several years. Have a feeling they won’t age gracefully.

Aesthetics: Many headphones look great in pictures when not being worn or look great from the side but not head-on. Or they look good for folks with small heads but look dumb with the arms extended to accommodate larger heads like mine.

B&O H7: 10 Again, the most gorgeous headphones I’ve seen. These look great from all angels. Looks are subjective but these are as close to an objectively beautiful pair of headphones as I’ve seen.

B&W PX7: 8.5 The headband extends out in a curved fashion so these may look a bit weird for those with larger heads. Otherwise, they look great.

Shure AONIC 50: 7.5 These have old-school big-can styling and the brown color is gorgeous. The issue is these cans look great from afar but close up, they do look very plasticky and not so premium. They work just as well with big heads as small heads as the arms tend to extend downward.

Dali IO-4: 6.5 The earcups for these tend to extend out quite far when viewed head-on. Frankly, I think these are cans that look great when not worn but look dumb when worn head-on.

Connectivity/ Ease of Use:

B&W PX7: 9 Multi-point connection, clear prompts, great button layout, great app, and even auto-pause when the headphones are removed and auto-resume when placed back on. When they don’t get any audio from their source for a while or when not worn, they will disconnect and turn off. They have an ambient mode. The one major omission is an EQ in the app. Supports Aptx-Adaptive (AptxLL & Aptx-HD).

Shure AONIC 50: 7.5 Multi-point connection with clear prompts. However, the switch from one source to the next isn’t seamless. You’ll need to pause one source, wait a moment, then play from the next source. PX7 doesn’t have this issue as it’s seamless. Annoyingly, they don’t auto-disconnect and shutoff when not in use for a while. The app works though the EQ is trash. However, the button layout isn’t the best and the buttons aren’t very pleasant and tactile. Supports every codec- LDAC, AptX HD, etc.

Dali IO-4: 6 Doesn’t have an app or EQ. Doesn’t support multi-point connection. Button layout is good. Beyond the support of Aptx-HD, this is a pretty dumb pair of headphones. The IO-6 would have an ambient mode but that’s not much to write home about.

Battery Life: Dali IO-4>>PX7>AONIC 50>H7

Noise Cancelling/ Mic: Haven’t tested each thoroughly enough to make a judgement call here.

Me and my preferences:

Figured I’d tell a bit about myself to provide context as to what my preferences are as I’m sure that’ll color the review so best to know that up front. Again, 80% of my time at home is spent with speakers. I use headphones while in the office, while travelling, and sometimes when at the gym. I prefer speakers to headphones. I don’t have any interest in wired cans – I’m looking for portable cans with top-tier specs. I don’t care much for active noise cancelling as I’ve always found most closed cans do well enough with passive noise cancelling and I’m not interested in complete silence.

I have a big head and wear glasses. My ears stick out a bit. I am very sensitive to cans that rub against my ears so on-ears are out of the question. I’m moderately sensitive to clamping force. I’m not too sensitive to headphone weight as I have a muscular neck and good posture.

I prefer crystal clear highs and a fast low end in speakers so prefer AMT tweeters. I have a tolerance for tilted highs in speakers but frankly am sensitive to increased treble in headphones. I hate sibilance. So in headphones, I prefer something akin to the Harman curve- slightly elevated low end and a gradual roll-off on the high end.

I am switching from B&O H7s. As far as design language, I’ve yet to find headphones designed better than B&O H7s. I have a strong preference for premium materials- metal over plastic and leather over pleather. They’re still the best looking headphones I’ve ever seen and definitely the best built. However, BT 4 and AptX are old. I’m looking for BT 5.0, Aptx-HD and/or LDAC as far as codecs. Multipoint connection and smart features like auto-pause when you remove the cans are also appreciated. As far as sound, I’d like a bit more resolving power in the highs and lows and better dynamics. Sound stage would be great but these are closed cans so I’ll moderate my expectations.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #170 of 1,309
Likely keeping the PX7 and selling the others.

The DALI were a big pile of meh

Attachments

• 4t52urvwgc751.jpg
    4t52urvwgc751.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 29, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #172 of 1,309
[/QUOTE]
Figured I'd post my review of the Shure vs. PX7 vs. Dali. I provided my feedback on reddit but copying it here.

Summary

In short, I think the B&W PX7 is the most polished and premium pair of the bunch. It is not as resolving as the Shure and doesn’t have an EQ but is better built, looks better, has better connectivity/ease of use, and battery life. They do have a better sound stage than the Shure and sound more lively/dynamic. However, clamping force may be an issue for some.

The Shure is for those who want the best sounding pair of cans (better transient response/ resolution) and an EQ but are willing to give up a bit in terms of battery life, connectivity/ease of use, build quality, and aesthetics relative to the B&W PX7.

Frankly, I didn’t like the Dali and for those who enjoy their sound signature, you should just get the Shure AONIC 50. Let me put this plainly; the Shure render the Dali largely irrelevant.

Will score all cans on the following factors out of 10.

Sound:

Shure AONIC 50: 9 the Shure sounded very flat and were quite resolving in the high end. The vocals were very pleasant and had a level of transparency I didn’t quite get from the PX7. The low end was also quite tight though a bit light relative to the PX7. The sound stage was okay – nothing to write home about. If you want a pair of resolving cans with solid transient response, these will do well. It’s a fun pair of headphones but is not as lively/punchy/dynamic as the PX7.

Admittedly, at their standard “flat” EQ, I found the highs a bit difficult to deal with at high volumes. Fortunately, the app allows you to change to other EQ settings or make your own EQ curve and save it to the cans. The cans retain the EQ settings even when the app isn’t loaded and will keep them when running from another device, like your computer. The EQ here works great. I increased the low end and rolled off the highs a bit to get it more to my taste. It retained the qualities it had in the flat preset after EQing.

B&W PX7: 8 These were the cans I liked most by default as their frequency response was in line with what appeals to me in headphones. If the H7s had a better sound stage, were more lively/dynamic, and had more precision in the low-end, they would sound like the PX7. They are a bit more resolving than the H7 in the high end but not as resolving as the Dali or Shure. The app doesn’t have an EQ.

Dali IO-4: 6 – Similar to the Shure but have no app, EQ, or smart features. I had a real issue with sibilance with these cans when the volume was turned up. It doesn’t show up all the time, but some recordings are frankly unlistenable for me. One major issue I noticed was how sensitive these cans are to positioning on your head. Tilting the cans even slightly while on my head would clearly indicate that the seal around my ears was weak and the sound would become hollow as a result. These formed a better seal without my glasses. How this issue was not spotted by Dali is beyond me. Frankly, if you have glasses and they have thick arms, best to skip these headphones. Even when I got them positioned just right, these cans just sounded off to me. I have no clue what people mean when they say these sound “natural” but these were outliers to me- the soundstage was just off and I found vocals recessed at odd times and overly prominent at others. These cans are incoherent and finicky. This is Dali’s first attempt at making headphones and it shows.

B&O H7: 6 The sound is pretty generic here. Follows the typical Harman curve many folks like. Rolled off highs, slightly elevated lows. Generally, a very coherent sound but lacks detail.

Comfort:

B&O H7: 9- relatively light cans at ~270g. Clamping force is light but may be too light as it’s the least secure on the head. I can watch a film wearing these and only feel a slight bit of pressure on the head after the session. They do get a bit warm with the lamb-skin earcups.

Dali IO-4: 8 I have no clue why these headphones are 320 grams. It’s likely due to the enormous battery. It doesn’t feel too heavy and the clamping force is completely reasonable. Weight distribution is great. The cutouts for the ear are large circles rather than ovals. Your ear doesn’t touch the inside of the cans at all. However, those cutouts may be the problem -see my comments about their sound above.

Shure AONIC 50: 7.5 The weight distribution is great and these are very plush. But they are 335g, making them the heaviest of the bunch. You do feel a lot of padding touching the sides of your head and scalp. These are the least low-profile of the bunch in that there is quite a bit of contact between your skin and these cans.

B&W PX7: 7 These are the most low-profile cans of the Dali, Shure and B&W. Not a lot of contact between the cans and your skin. These are 310g and do feel lighter than the Dali or Shure. However, if you’re sensitive to clamping force and are inclined to get headaches easily, these may not be the cans for you. They are an improvement over their prior cans but there’s still room to reduce the clamping force.

Durability

B&O H7: 10 I’ve yet to find better built headphones. Aluminum, fabric, leather. Extremely elegant but built like a tank. You’d have to pretty darn negligent to damage these cans.

B&W PX7: 9 I wish they stayed with actual leather here. Regardless, they’re built very sturdy and the fabric backing will do better with scuffs and scrapes as opposed to the plastic or metal used in the Shure and Dali.

Dali IO-4: 8 Sturdy construction. The headband is stiff and doesn’t have much give when twisted so that may be an issue. No creaking - the hinges that connect to the earcups may be the only weak spot if bent hard in the wrong direction though that’s highly unlikely.

Shure AONIC 50: 6.5 I do hear creaking when adjusting these cans. The point at which the metal band connects to the cushioned headband doesn’t feel as secure as the other cans. The hinge that connects the arms to the earcups doesn’t have much range of motion- maybe 20 degree. Most hinges creak. I don’t know if these cans will last me several years. Have a feeling they won’t age gracefully.

Aesthetics: Many headphones look great in pictures when not being worn or look great from the side but not head-on. Or they look good for folks with small heads but look dumb with the arms extended to accommodate larger heads like mine.

B&O H7: 10 Again, the most gorgeous headphones I’ve seen. These look great from all angels. Looks are subjective but these are as close to an objectively beautiful pair of headphones as I’ve seen.

B&W PX7: 8.5 The headband extends out in a curved fashion so these may look a bit weird for those with larger heads. Otherwise, they look great.

Shure AONIC 50**: 7.5** These have old-school big-can styling and the brown color is gorgeous. The issue is these cans look great from afar but close up, they do look very plasticky and not so premium. They work just as well with big heads as small heads as the arms tend to extend downward.

Dali IO-4**: 6.5** The earcups for these tend to extend out quite far when viewed head-on. Frankly, I think these are cans that look great when not worn but look dumb when worn head-on.

Connectivity/ Ease of Use:

B&W PX7: 9 Multi-point connection, clear prompts, great button layout, great app, and even auto-pause when the headphones are removed and auto-resume when placed back on. When they don’t get any audio from their source for a while or when not worn, they will disconnect and turn off. They have an ambient mode. The one major omission is an EQ in the app. Supports Aptx-Adaptive (AptxLL & Aptx-HD).

Shure AONIC 50: 7.5 Multi-point connection with clear prompts. However, the switch from one source to the next isn’t seamless. You’ll need to pause one source, wait a moment, then play from the next source. PX7 doesn’t have this issue as it’s seamless. Annoyingly, they don’t auto-disconnect and shutoff when not in use for a while. The app works and the EQ is great. However, the button layout isn’t the best and the buttons aren’t very pleasant and tactile. Supports every codec- LDAC, AptX HD, etc.

Dali IO-4: 6 Doesn’t have an app or EQ. Doesn’t support multi-point connection. Button layout is good. Beyond the support of Aptx-HD, this is a pretty dumb pair of headphones. The IO-6 would have an ambient mode but that’s not much to write home about.

Battery Life: Dali IO-4>>PX7>AONIC 50>H7

Noise Cancelling/ Mic: Haven’t tested each thoroughly enough to make a judgement call here.

Me and my preferences:

Figured I’d tell a bit about myself to provide context as to what my preferences are as I’m sure that’ll color the review so best to know that up front. Again, 80% of my time at home is spent with speakers. I use headphones while in the office, while travelling, and sometimes when at the gym. I prefer speakers to headphones. I don’t have any interest in wired cans – I’m looking for portable cans with top-tier specs. I don’t care much for active noise cancelling as I’ve always found most closed cans do well enough with passive noise cancelling and I’m not interested in complete silence.

I have a big head and wear glasses. My ears stick out a bit. I am very sensitive to cans that rub against my ears so on-ears are out of the question. I’m moderately sensitive to clamping force. I’m not too sensitive to headphone weight as I have a muscular neck and good posture.

I prefer crystal clear highs and a fast low end in speakers so prefer AMT tweeters. I have a tolerance for tilted highs in speakers but frankly am sensitive to increased treble in headphones. I hate sibilance. So in headphones, I prefer something akin to the Harman curve- slightly elevated low end and a gradual roll-off on the high end.

I am switching from B&O H7s. As far as design language, I’ve yet to find headphones designed better than B&O H7s. I have a strong preference for premium materials- metal over plastic and leather over pleather. They’re still the best looking headphones I’ve ever seen and definitely the best built. However, BT 4 and AptX are old. I’m looking for BT 5.0, Aptx-HD and/or LDAC as far as codecs. Multipoint connection and smart features like auto-pause when you remove the cans are also appreciated. As far as sound, I’d like a bit more resolving power in the highs and lows and better dynamics. Sound stage would be great but these are closed cans so I’ll moderate my expectations.

This is a good post, and is fair, specially because you're explaining your preferences in sound and this is important. For me the px7 isn't sufficient good in the sound, sometimes I'm getting really very nice sound, other times I'm getting hollow mids and peaky treble, but I can understanding why px7 is more exciting generally for many people.

I having very similar opinion like you of the dali io6, this headphone is sounds wrong for me, with problems in the high and low frequencies.

Is interesting you thinking sa50 isn't contructed very good. For me I think is better construction than px7, only a little. Px7 is seeming more good construction than shure but I feel isn't sufficient good in the end, this is only my impression. But nothing is having the fantastic construction like b&o h9, h9i and h9 3rd Gen. (maybe h7 is similar?), only my b&w p7 wireless is very close in this aspect. I'm not happy with the design of the px7 because in the head is looking very big. Shure isn't have the best design but I think is have a good combination of modern and classic. (my favourite design is p7 wireless and h9). The dali for me looking very cheap in person.

Now I having 2 pairs of sa50 and I don't hearing creaking sound at all, never. I'm surprised you're hearing this.

You saying you don't testing the ambient mode and anc because for you this isn't necessary. Before you returning the sa50 maybe you can trying the ambient mode and is possible you will surprising yourself how good is this feature (is have 10 real different levels). I remember in the past with other headphone, the first time I think ambient mode isn't necessary for me and I discovering soon this is a great feature that I now use sometimes permitting different levels of the outside noise coming in depending in the circumstances.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #173 of 1,309

Admittedly, at their standard “flat” EQ, I found the highs a bit difficult to deal with at high volumes. Fortunately, the app allows you to change to other EQ settings or make your own EQ curve and save it to the cans. The cans retain the EQ settings even when the app isn’t loaded and will keep them when running from another device, like your computer. The EQ here works great. I increased the low end and rolled off the highs a bit to get it more to my taste. It retained the qualities it had in the flat preset after EQing.

Can you double check this.

Unless there is a change to Shure AONIC 50 firmware, the EQ setting is not save to the headphones. The app needs to be running and music needs to be played thru the app for EQ to work.

This is where Sony bluetooth headphones has advantage on EQ. Can save EQ settings to headphones.

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #174 of 1,309
Can you double check this.

Unless there is a change to Shure AONIC 50 firmware, the EQ setting is not save to the headphones. The app needs to be running and music needs to be played thru the app for EQ to work.

This is where Sony bluetooth headphones has advantage on EQ. Can save EQ settings to headphones.

You're right. I corrected the details. Made the assumption without vetting that- stand corrected.

Jun 30, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #175 of 1,309
Likely keeping the PX7 and selling the others.

The DALI were a big pile of meh

I can't keep the Aonic 50s. I've tried to be OK with them but at £365 I need to be happier with their sound.

I see the B&W are currently £269, and if they're going to give me a more enjoyable sound perhaps that's the better route. You describe them as not being as resolving as the Shures - is the difference substantial? I know I want something with a less "neutral" low end than the SA50s. Given that I don't need ANC I wonder if there are other options that focus on different design elements.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #176 of 1,309
I can't keep the Aonic 50s. I've tried to be OK with them but at £365 I need to be happier with their sound.

I see the B&W are currently £269, and if they're going to give me a more enjoyable sound perhaps that's the better route. You describe them as not being as resolving as the Shures - is the difference substantial? I know I want something with a less "neutral" low end than the SA50s. Given that I don't need ANC I wonder if there are other options that focus on different design elements.

No i don't think the difference in terms of clarity is that big of a deal to me. The PX7 has more bass for sure. That's not even a question. And the bass is still very tight. It also a better soundstage and more layer separation. It's also more dynamic. The Shure are only better to me after EQing. But I prefer the default sound of the PX7 more. It's more fun.

Jun 30, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #177 of 1,309
No i don't think the difference in terms of clarity is that big of a deal to me. The PX7 has more bass for sure. That's not even a question. And the bass is still very tight. It also a better soundstage and more layer separation. It's also more dynamic. The Shure are only better to me after EQing. But I prefer the default sound of the PX7 more. It's more fun.

Thank you, that's very helpful.

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #178 of 1,309
I say it again:
The Aonic 50's are the flatest, most neutral ANC's on the market and will likely remain there for some time.
They are by no means a "fun" set, so those looking for a sound that is a bit goosed, these are not your headphones.

Jul 2, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #179 of 1,309
Is there a way to force codecs on the SA50? I spotted that comment earlier in this thread but cannot find it anywhere.. And I would like to somehow A/B APTX-HD and LDAC

Jul 2, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #180 of 1,309
Is there a way to force codecs on the SA50? I spotted that comment earlier in this thread but cannot find it anywhere.. And I would like to somehow A/B APTX-HD and LDAC
On Android it's possible to do it via the developer options.
Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options > Bluetooth audio codec

If you don't see the "developer options", google how to enable them. It's easy, so don't be afraid ;P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back