Shure 750dj vs Ultrasone dj1?
Dec 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

indy1314

Head-Fier
I am deciding to a full-size headphone, i am using a soul SL99 right now.
I heard both 750dj and dj1 have heavy bass(correct me if wrong). Since i listen to heavy bass music, dupstep hip-hop and rap.
But i don't want it just have bass, i want the balance between bass and sound quality.
And noise isolation is one of my concern too.
Which one should I get?

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 14
Quote:
I am deciding to a full-size headphone, i am using a soul SL99 right now.
I heard both 750dj and dj1 have heavy bass(correct me if wrong). Since i listen to heavy bass music, dupstep hip-hop and rap.
But i don't want it just have bass, i want the balance between bass and sound quality.
And noise isolation is one of my concern too.
Which one should I get?

Both are excellent headphones. If love a V shaped frequency, opt for the DJ1 (an HFI 580 with a coiled cable and a different design). Very bright highs, recessed mids (but still remains clear) and deep powerful lows. The 750 DJ is a bit different. It still has powerful bass, but it's more of a rumble, while the DJ1 is more of a thump. The highs on the 750 DJ are less bright, and the mids are a little more forward.  

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:
How about noise isolation?
Both dose a great job? since they are both DJs headphone.
And what are the size of both headphone ear cups?

They both have great noise isolation, but DJ1 are slightly better in that manner. The 750s have bigger earcups than the DJ1, because the 750s have circular earcups, while the DJ1 have oval shaped earcups.

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 14
I have tried dj1 pro, and it is really big. (alright for me)
But i tried a v-mode lp, and i didn't feel really comfortable. (seems too small for me) 
What are the size of these two headphone compare to dj1 or 750dj?

Thanks.

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
I have tried dj1 pro, and it is really big. (alright for me)
But i tried a v-mode lp, and i didn't feel really comfortable. (seems too small for me) 
What are the size of these two headphone compare to dj1 or 750dj?

Thanks.

The DJ1 is a bit bigger than the Crossfade LP, but still very similar in size. The 750 is a middle ground between the DJ1 and the DJ1 PRO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back