Shure 535 for $200, Worth It?
Mar 31, 2011 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Takendown2

New Head-Fier
Newbie Here, So please dont rage at me :)

So i have a good offer for a pair of new Shure 535's for around $200. I havent had any time to sample them extensively but do you think it is worth the money? I own a pair of Klipsh S4 for portable use and Sennheiser HD555 Plugged into an Asus Xonar DX soundcard for my home system. 

Any comments on the sound quality and signature for the Shures? 

Thanks!!

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 26

Quote:
Newbie Here, So please dont rage at me :)

So i have a good offer for a pair of new Shure 535's for around $200. I havent had any time to sample them extensively but do you think it is worth the money? I own a pair of Klipsh S4 for portable use and Sennheiser HD555 Plugged into an Asus Xonar DX soundcard for my home system. 

Any comments on the sound quality and signature for the Shures? 

Thanks!!

I think that would be a great deal for them..I haven't listened to the se535 but I have heard the 530s...Shures are known for their lush mids and if you enjoy vocals..you'll love them.
Welcome to Headfi and sorry about your wallet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 26

Quote:
How does the sound compare to the HD 555s? I wasnt too satisfied with the S4's cause i felt they were too bass-oriented and the vocals were kinda bad... 

I thought that the hd555s were nice but they didn't excell in anything..The shures give you a more intimate sound and have a distinct sound signature
I've only tested the s4 for a little bit..but yeah they were very bass focused which overpowered everything else
I think that the shures will be a substantial upgrade for you

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #7 of 26
Take them! If the best youve heard is the hd555 and s4, I think you will be very very very satisfied with the 535, maybe even blown away. The hd555 were some of the most mediocre phones ive heard. Like others said they dont excel in any area. Same with the s4.

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 26
Just curious, how would one describe the Shure sounds..? Alot of the reviews says that the Shure 535 had the "Shure Housesound" but didnt really explain what it means... i never sampled Shure's before so i have no idea how they sound like. I would only consider this cause my good friend has connections :p.

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #12 of 26

Quote:
Just curious, how would one describe the Shure sounds..? Alot of the reviews says that the Shure 535 had the "Shure Housesound" but didnt really explain what it means... i never sampled Shure's before so i have no idea how they sound like. I would only consider this cause my good friend has connections :p.

The mids are velvety and shure is famous for them

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #13 of 26
It's virtually guaranteed to be a sure-win situation for you. Shures isolate well, are comfortable, and the 535 in particular has a nice bump in the midrange (pushing vocals and a good many instruments to the front), and is still able to let you hear details in the rest of the frequency range.

$200 sounds ridiculously cheap for a new pair, so you shouldn't have any trouble selling them at little to no loss afterward either.

Seriously, what are you waiting for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back