shure 530's vs triple.fi 10's
Oct 22, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #16 of 104
I've had two go arounds with both of them and both times greatly preferred the Triples to the Shures. The death sentence for the Triples was my inability to keep the seal for long periods of time. The Shure seal and comfort was far better, but the SQ wasn't a match to me. The huge bass and lack of high end sinks the Shure.

Oct 22, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #17 of 104
I do not agree at all about what you said with the mids jinx the triple's have just as nice of a mid section as the shure's do if not better the only thing the shures have is the bass

Oct 22, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #18 of 104
I really don't get the 'rolled off highs' thing re: the 530. They're not as bright as the Triple-Fi or Etys but those are pretty bright IEMs and I don't agree that anything less is 'rolled off.' Tip selection seems to be pretty important on the Shures. I use the gray silicone which sound very balanced to me, but when using the triple-flange tips they do sound very dull. I'm wondering if a lot of problems with the Shure high end have more to do with tip selection than anything else because I find the 530 anything but deficient in the high end. Not as pronounced as some but very smooth, a matter of taste I guess.

Oct 22, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #20 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by lohrm1@excite.co /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Shures, and had to try the triple.fi 10's and I was amazed at the difference. As nice as the Shures are, and I could easily live with them and be happy, the triple.fi 10's are much better detailed and balanced in my opinion. I find the sound far more open and realistic in the triple.fi 10's than the Shures, especially with classical and jazz. Also, with the Complys, and the ears reversed, I find them more comfortable than the Shures which surprised me.

ears reversed?

I've just got the triples and i'm struggling to get a nice fit (using the complys).

Oct 22, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #21 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't get the 'rolled off highs' thing re: the 530. They're not as bright as the Triple-Fi or Etys but those are pretty bright IEMs and I don't agree that anything less is 'rolled off.' Tip selection seems to be pretty important on the Shures. I use the gray silicone which sound very balanced to me, but when using the triple-flange tips they do sound very dull. I'm wondering if a lot of problems with the Shure high end have more to do with tip selection than anything else because I find the 530 anything but deficient in the high end. Not as pronounced as some but very smooth, a matter of taste I guess.

The silicon tips don't really help the high end. It reduces the bass a bit which gives the illusion of adding highs. Still sounds rolled off, but better for treble fans than all the other tips.

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #22 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah like I said I am using an amp but how come you find the shure's more balenced if the bass overpowers the rest of the sound?

I don't find that to be the case at all. I find the TFP bass "chunkier" and heavier but I find the bass of SE530 more relalistic and tighter. Listen to some nice and complex drumming passages. The Shures slam it with more authority like a dynamic driver. Not that it's more bassy but like there's more shape or torque to the timbre. I am a huge Dave Weckl fan and he sounds MUCH better on the Shures than the UE's. Ironically, Dave uses and endorses all Shure mics. Wonder if there would be any correlation there?

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #23 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The silicon tips don't really help the high end. It reduces the bass a bit which gives the illusion of adding highs.

From my listening perspective I would say that statement is completely incorrect.

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #28 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by straden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I like about se530 is that it feels voices are more closer to me than triple's, and little more bass from shure.

haha that is really interesting comment I feel exactly the opposite I felt the voice was a little distant on the shure's

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #29 of 104
LOL, this really looks like a battle between Shure's owners and UE TF's owners
biggrin.gif

EDIT: adding my opinon here, I think that the UE TF's design is way better looking than SE's design. That's the only thing I can compare since I've never heard a SE530.

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #30 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha that is really interesting comment I feel exactly the opposite I felt the voice was a little distant on the shure's

do you have TF10 too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back