Shure 530 dead on one side
Jan 27, 2010 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

younglee200

1000+ Head-Fier
My left side just shot out

Is it the cable or the driver? How do I check?

If the driver is "dead", that means there is no way I could send them for a re-shelling, right?

...Or is there?

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 7
Yes if your drivers are "dead" it would be a waste to send them in for re-shelling, as they take the drivers out of your SE530 and put them into your ear-mold.
Inspect the cable closely for cracks and stress points, play some music with em in your ears and bend back and forth inch by inch of the cable from tip to end and if no sounds or signs of life appear than might be something else. But like as said, there should be some signs of sound because 3 drivers dont fail at once. How did you find out they went bad?

Jan 27, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 7
Most likely the cable. Shure's cables are unreliable and if it's the driver they should die one at a time.

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 7
there is absolutely no sound coming out of them.

I fiddled around with the cable but I've yet to get a sound. I'm not quite sure what happened
frown.gif

I got them recabled by a member here, and it lasted me about 2 months, which ironically is much shorter than the stock cable.

I will probably send it back to him or UM melody and get it checked out.

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #6 of 7
I would suggest contacting that person first, but if your sure its the cable and you want to go custom, just send em in to Unique Melody. Maybe since the cable is shorter it somehow got pulled and a connection came loose.

Jan 29, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #7 of 7
same thing happened to my se 210. Try sending them to warranty, they have great customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back