Shozy & Neo BG Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #18 of 67
So more specifically, these iems are able to compete with mainstream iems in the $400+ range? Because being able to compete with Shure SE215 is pretty different from being comparable to the SE535
Yea you are right. SE535 etc.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #19 of 67
How does this compare to Andromeda?

Oct 26, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #21 of 67
... and the iBasso IT04?

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #22 of 67
Sorry for the late response.
@rodel808 The BG has a stronger bass performance than the Andromeda and it sounds fuller. Andromeda has higher transparency level with better treble extension and boasts wider soundstage.
@dbaker1981 The BG has higher intimacy level than the FH5 and it sounds more musical.
@zikarus The IT04 takes on a leaner approach with quicker bass decay and the midrange is not as thick as the BG. IT04 commands a bigger stage.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #23 of 67
Just arrived, in a "burn-in" phase now. :)

Got an interesting deal due to some circustamces with Shozy, and so I pulled the trigger!
I am using them mainly at work, together with Shozy Alien+ (standalone and as a DAP + PC) + Aune B1s.

Very first impressions: comfort is stellar! Bass a tad too much for my taste, but representation in general is good, I believe they love to be amped though since I can feel a huge lot of difference when going Alien+ alone or stacked with B1s. Separation gets fantastic when stacked, and bass are a bit more refined.

@zikarus The IT04 takes on a leaner approach with quicker bass decay and the midrange is not as thick as the BG. IT04 commands a bigger stage.

I own both, I agree on the "leaner", IT04 it is to me more refined and detailed despite being perhaps a bit less "emotional": to this sense I feel BH being more colored, more "grand" in terms of sound except, as audio123 already wrote, soundstage is maybe a bit more intimate with BG.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #24 of 67
Just arrived, in a "burn-in" phase now. :)

Got an interesting deal due to some circustamces with Shozy, and so I pulled the trigger!
I am using them mainly at work, together with Shozy Alien+ (standalone and as a DAP + PC) + Aune B1s.

Very first impressions: comfort is stellar! Bass a tad too much for my taste, but representation in general is good, I believe they love to be amped though since I can feel a huge lot of difference when going Alien+ alone or stacked with B1s. Separation gets fantastic when stacked, and bass are a bit more refined.

I own both, I agree on the "leaner", IT04 it is to me more refined and detailed despite being perhaps a bit less "emotional": to this sense I feel BH being more colored, more "grand" in terms of sound except, as audio123 already wrote, soundstage is maybe a bit more intimate with BG.
Yea. They have different sound signatures.

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #25 of 67
I'm also interested in this IEMs. I hope you also take a look (listen) at Shozy & AAW Pentacle to see how these two compare.

Nov 26, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #26 of 67
Gotta say very interesting IEM for their price... I believe they somehow "sits" in the higher band of its price league.
I am no expert but will highlight again:
1) fit and comfort: both to me are very good (stock earpieces), very "snug" (even too much for my ears, sometimes IEMs are so well placed I can fell sort of ears "depression" when moving my mouth and wearing them :D).
2) aesthetics: just brilliant, very refined and the resin is very nice looking. cable is a bit stiff but I'd say even if in general I prefer more supple and no-memory cables, these are very comfortable to wear and easy to stove away too.
3) driveability: as already written, my sensation is they of course gets better with amped sources, even though they are "lively" and enough "punchy" even with just a DAP.
4) sound signature: I am biased over this, since I reckon I use a lot of "dark" sounding sources (Oriolus DP100, Shozy Alien Plus, Colorfly C200, etc.), hence perhaps in my rigs these IEMs tends to be a bit "too much" in terms of i.e. bass response and soundstage too (I believe). I like its sound signature in general then, but my sensation is these IEMs would need a brighter/detailed source to shine and create good synergy (tell me if I am wrong here you guys).

To make a long story short: in my opinion, very nice equipment, I like how they sound, but considering my rig, probably not "my cup of tea" (so don't look bad at me if they'll get soon in the marketplace, or worse, don't think they are not worth the money! :)).

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #27 of 67
These also have a great kick. Bottom end hits hard and deep. This doesn't bleed into the mids and the tunings is clear. I have to agree with all the comments above, this is a great value and sounds great.
They are a lively earphone, certainly not boring - use something else to listen to that late night Ambient album as you fall asleep.
Using them at work, I can't help but tap my foot to the music. Really helps with those production tasks that benefit from background music.

Dec 27, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #30 of 67
Hi! Im really interested on the BG but i find the bass too much.. like thumping my brain.. tho it sounded fantastic like the it04.. is there any chance to lessen that bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back