SHOZY Lancea impressions and appreciation thread
Aug 30, 2015 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18
This thread is for for the SHOZY Lancea amp/DAC for Android, OS X and Windows.

SHOZY Lances 20Bit/48KHz Headphone Amplifier DAC and Lineout for Android/IOS/PC
Description

1. Discreet decoding isolated from transport
  2. Military grade CNC-milled chassis
  3. Clean circuitry, no buttons & extra functions which may introduce interference and unwated burden
  4. Cross platform input support, direct IOS lighting connection, O otg cable needed
  5. Advanced Digital Signal Processing implementation
Specification
  1. Headphone impedance range: 16-100Ohms
  2. Output Power:30mW at 32Ω
  3. Power input: 1.8V-3.3V+-10%
  4. Output gain level step: 3dB/step;16 steps
  5. THD:≤0.1%,1KHz
  6. SNR: 98dB at 3.3V power supply
  7. Resolution: 20Bit/48KHz sampling
  8. System power current:10mA-95mA max
  9. Supported connectors: Lightning connector, micro usb-micro usb, micro usb-usb
Package
  1. SHOZY Lances DAC/AMP
  2. 3 x cable kit
  3. User Guide

TB2Y73ueXXXXXasXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!424666753.jpg_310x310.jpg

TB2ZGAteXXXXXaWXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!424666753.jpg_310x310.jpg

TB2ZqAueXXXXXaoXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!424666753.jpg_310x310.jpg

Aug 30, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #2 of 18
In this post I intend to put links to reviews and impressions about the SHOZY Lancea.

As the humble man I am I start with a link to my own review of it 
wink_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-lancea-mini-dac-amplifier-24bit-192khz-for-android-ios-pc-iphone

Aug 30, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 18
Are you able to make comparisons with Astrapi?

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #4 of 18
Are you able to make comparisons with Astrapi?

Unfortunately I've not heard the Astrapi but I'm sure that @Baycode will be able to chime in when he get some time with the Lancea.

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #5 of 18
Hi Peter, good initiative buddy
beerchug.gif

-------------------------

@HiFlight; like Peter said, I will be doing comparisons in my own review.

On the build quality Lancea is a step (or two) above Astrapi. On the sound part it is like slight upgrade to side grade. Can't find a better word to describe right now...  But my review will portray a better source for sound descriptions...

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #6 of 18
  Hi Peter, good initiative buddy
beerchug.gif

-------------------------

@HiFlight; like Peter said, I will be doing comparisons in my own review.

On the build quality Lancea is a step (or two) above Astrapi. On the sound part it is like slight upgrade to side grade. Can't find a better word to describe right now...  But my review will portray a better source for sound descriptions...

Thanks for joining in Baybars 
beerchug.gif

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #7 of 18
As promised, comparisons are here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/cozoy-aegis-portable-24-192-dac-amp/reviews/13912

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 18
Thanks for joining in Baybars :beerchug:

My pleasure Peter.

I have to add here, although I like the sound of Aegis the most, Lancea is not far behind and it has the greatest balance between sound quality, size, heating and battery consumption.

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #9 of 18
Hi, I'm completely new here, I was hoping to find out if it's possible to pair the lancea with an iPhone4 ( 30pin ) ? The cozoy website makes it seem as if you use a 30pin/lightning adapter with the astrapi it might work ' ?
But I haven't been able to find any confirmation the info.
I would really like to buy the lancea, but it would be pointless at this time of a can't use it with my iPhone 4

Thanks for any info in advance

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #10 of 18
Hi, I'm completely new here, I was hoping to find out if it's possible to pair the lancea with an iPhone4 ( 30pin ) ? The cozoy website makes it seem as if you use a 30pin/lightning adapter with the astrapi it might work ' ?
But I haven't been able to find any confirmation the info.
I would really like to buy the lancea, but it would be pointless at this time of a can't use it with my iPhone 4

Thanks for any info in advance

Hi japandy, welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet :wink:

I've been trying to get the Lancea to work with ipod touch 3 and 4 by using a 30 pin to lightning connector but without any luck. Unfortunately I don't have any phone with 30 pin connection to try with.

My guess would be that it doesn't work with 30 pin phones either.

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #11 of 18
Hi japandy, welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet :wink:

I've been trying to get the Lancea to work with ipod touch 3 and 4 by using a 30 pin to lightning connector but without any luck. Unfortunately I don't have any phone with 30 pin connection to try with.

My guess would be that it doesn't work with 30 pin phones either.

Thanks for the welcome and the answer, at this moment my second choice is going towards the oppo ha-2. I really need the versatility as I don't want my iPhone 6 to become part of my home system and I don't have the space / mobility to have my laptop to become part of it either. It's seems as of now the oppo is the best way/price to upgrade what I have already have. I don't own any other dac/amp btw. Most likely in the future I will be looking for something with a smaller footprint like the lancea. Thanks again.

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #12 of 18
Hi guys, looking for a nice DAC to complement my (incoming) Harmony 8 Pros. Any thoughts on USB 3.0 support on Mac for the Lancea?

@Japandy I'm also interested in hearing how it compares to the Oppo HA-2 too (another DAC/Amp I'm considering). 

I've read that the Lancea features +3dB volume increments per gain, can someone please verify this? i.e. no sudden volume increments like on the Cozoy Aegis? 

The value proposition of the Lancea seems pretty amazing! 

Cheers! 

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #15 of 18
Why does http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-lancea-mini-dac-amplifier-24bit-192khz-for-android-ios-pc-iphone state that the Shozy Lancea is 24/192 when the official website, http://www.shozy-hk.com/lancea/ , states that it is only 16/44.1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back