Shozy IEM impression/appreciation thread (in particular Pola owners)
Jul 2, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #166 of 241
id love to try the form 1.1 but afte hearing the pola and pola39 on tour i cant think of anything else. They are prototyping something there teasing on instagram call the black hole and it looks like a very interesting open back in ear
Oh certainly. I can’t imagine the Form 1.1 is anything like the Pola IEMs. I‘m just wondering where all of the other Shozy fans go to share information? I guess they are a bunch of nomads.

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #167 of 241
No idea where they are at hehe :p but if we keep posting im sure some will come out of the wood work. Also we must take time to acknowledge how awesome your avatar is :).

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #168 of 241
Double post

Sep 21, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #170 of 241
Just picked up a set of the Shozy Form 1.1 and I am really enjoying them so far.

For context, I have the Fiio FH3 for my desk while I work (which I like, albeit just ever so slightly lacking character to me). I had the iBasso IT00 for on the go, which I liked for their mids and character but their lack of treble sparkle/coherence bothered me. (My thoughts on the FH3 + IT00)

Well the Shozy Form 1.1 feel like the right balance of the FH3 of iBasso IT00 to me.

• The lows have the sub-bass of the FH3 and the quanitty of the iBasso IT00 mid-bass. Its magical to me, simultaneously being extremely powerful while not seeming to muddy up the mids. Tip fit is really important with the 1.1's - the stock tips were actually not horrible, but a 2nd level of bass was temporarily achieved when they were played around with, indicating I needed some other tips. The shorter nozzles on the 1.1's are actually a very forgiving fit for my ears with the right tips.
  • Mids are my favorite - vocals and horn instruments are forward and warm. Simply enjoyable to listen to. Despite having an intimate soundstage, I find the mids somehow just slightly airy in a good way.
  • The treble is perfect for me. It seems to have most of the detail of the FH3 and not the capped/slightly forced treble of the iBasso IT00.
So far I also find them oddly comfortable. They are lightweight, a manageable size, and most odd of all to me: they feel like shallow insertion, but somehow they don't fall out even during running for me. I found some old stubby and wide Sound Magic grey tips. They have shallow nozzles with pliable wide silicone flaps. With these tips, the 1.1's magically stay put in my ear with a very reliable seal.

They are very easy to drive by my Samsung Galaxy S10e or Fiio uBTR.

Lightweight, reliable fit, easy to drive = perfect for my go to travel set. Honestly I like the character of the sound of the 1.1's even over the FH3.

Question - anyone tried any microtape mods on the vent to tone down the bass just a bit?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #171 of 241
Oh if you like fibae 3 then you will like the pola39 bass response also. Will bear in mind for full review thx
Hey marcus,

I like the FIBAE 3, but I would have liked a bit more bass, and slightly less energetic upper mids and highs. Would I like the Pola or Pola 39? I also have Orb, and AKG N30, both of which I love immensely.

Oct 12, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #172 of 241
Hey marcus,

I like the FIBAE 3, but I would have liked a bit more bass, and slightly less energetic upper mids and highs. Would I like the Pola or Pola 39? I also have Orb, and AKG N30, both of which I love immensely.

Yeah I think so, though this is from aural memory as I don't have them both to hand right now. The Pola non-39 is a bit dipped in the mids for vocals.

Oct 12, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #173 of 241
Yeah I think so, though this is from aural memory as I don't have them both to hand right now. The Pola non-39 is a bit dipped in the mids for vocals.
So you believe I should go with Pola 39?

Oct 13, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #174 of 241
I'll just post what I wrote about Pola39 in Nic's thread a few weeks back and add on top of it - Pola39 is unique, very fun and addictive. Good fun bass, upper mids are on the easy side yet have good resolution and the treble tuning is exciting and sizzly though never intrusive or harsh if you have a nice good snug fit. I like it best with the supplied foam ear tips. I personally like it more than something like Andromeda. So, best would be if you can audition it for yourself. $1000 mark segment is quite competitive and there are quite a lot of awesome options, Pola39 definitely being one of them.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #175 of 241
I'll just post what I wrote about Pola39 in Nic's thread a few weeks back and add on top of it - Pola39 is unique, very fun and addictive. Good fun bass, upper mids are on the easy side yet have good resolution and the treble tuning is exciting and sizzly though never intrusive or harsh if you have a nice good snug fit. I like it best with the supplied foam ear tips. I personally like it more than something like Andromeda. So, best would be if you can audition it for yourself. $1000 mark segment is quite competitive and there are quite a lot of awesome options, Pola39 definitely being one of them.
I have FIBAE 3, so not exactly daunted by the treble. I'm more concerned with the bass. I love the bas of Penon Orb, A bit less bass is fine but not too less. Is it possible for you to give a brief comparison between them?

Oct 13, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #176 of 241
I have FIBAE 3, so not exactly daunted by the treble. I'm more concerned with the bass. I love the bas of Penon Orb, A bit less bass is fine but not too less. Is it possible for you to give a brief comparison between them?

I don't have Penon Orb, sorry!

Oct 24, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #177 of 241
I would not say the Pola39 is dipped in the vocals. Quite the contrary. Voices are very nicely articulated and a quite forward. The stand out clearly. Listening to the Pola39 right now. Chris Jones: Roadhouses and Automobiles.

Very very nice IEM!

I highly recommend it.

Oct 24, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #178 of 241
Listened to Andromeda and hated it.
I love the Pola39 a lot. Still getting a pair of EE Phantoms soon.

Oct 24, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #179 of 241
So you believe I should go with Pola 39?
The Pola39 has energy in highs and mids for sure. But it never gets harsh or sibilant. It has a nice prominent bass too. All in all a fun IEM rather than a dry neutral one like Andro or CA Atlas.

Get it when you want emotion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back