Shozy Hibiki discussion thread

Page 1 of 7
2 3 4 5 6 7
Next

Last
  1. Selenium
    [​IMG]
    Just got these. I'll be adding to this post as I burn them in with impressions, comparisons, and a review. And cake.

Some impressions; the shells are big. And they're shallow-fitting earphones so they tend to protrude more than you would think. Makes them slightly susceptible to wind noise while biking, and not good candidates for sleeping use. Isolation is average. Comfort is good.

The cable is very nice. Supple, flexible, and not prone to tangling. There's also this little... I don't know what you call it, but there's this piece that essentially serves to adjoin to the left and right channels for storage purposes. Works really well, but it's too high up to be use while wearing the Hibiki, unless you just have a reeeaally skinny neck. :necktie: Edit - That little piece can in fact be moved up and down the cable!

As far as sound goes I'd say they're moderately L-shaped. Compared to the KZ ZST, they have much better vocal timbre, and carry more weight throughout. Obviously there's a pretty big price difference between the two but they share a similar design and lots of people have the ZST. I've got the BGVP DM5 and KZ ZS6 incoming, for stuff that's more similarly priced. And I have the Carbo Tenore which I think will make for an interesting comparison.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    hqssui likes this.
  2. Montyburns
    Looking forward to it.

3. mochill
    How do you like them

4. chicosci
    What do you think is better. Hibiki or advanced m4? I will be using it for alternative,classic rock, acoustic, female voices. Thanks

5. Ahmad313
    Anybody here have auditioned or any information about Shozy's flagship model the " Star ll ",
    1199726416464015964.jpg

Niyologist likes this.
  6. mochill
  7. Ahmad313
  8. mochill
    Read the product description, has two BA's, one open design and one ultra high frequency, tune for reference sound just like ety but with bass and more resolving and big soundstage also no treble spikes

Ahmad313 likes this.
  9. Ahmad313
    Now waiting for some impressions ,
    I also saw an frequency graph of these with a comparison with 64 audio U12 and U18 and they have almost same tuning ☺

10. Selenium
    I like them a lot so far! Some impressions; the shells are big. And they're shallow-fitting earphones so they tend to protrude more than you would think. Makes them slightly susceptible to wind noise while biking, and not good candidates for sleeping use. Isolation is average. Comfort is good.

The cable is very nice. Supple, flexible, and not prone to tangling. There's also this little... I don't know what you call it, but there's this piece that essentially serves to adjoin to the two cables for storage purposes. Works really well, but it's too high up to be use while wearing the Hibiki, unless you just have a reeeaally skinny neck. :necktie: Edit - that little piece can in fact be moved up and down the cable!

As far as sound goes I'd say they're probably moderately L-shaped. Compared to the KZ ZST, they have much better vocal timbre, and carry more weight throughout. Obviously there's a pretty big price difference between the two but they share a similar design and lots of people have the ZST. I've got the BGVP DM5 and KZ ZS6 incoming, for stuff that's more similarly priced. And I have the Carbo Tenore which I think will make for an interesting comparison.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Ahmad313 likes this.
  11. mochill
    Give them 200hrs

12. Selenium
    [​IMG]

Carbon fiiiiber!

13. mochill
    Now you need the star II

heero01 and Ahmad313 like this.
  14. Ahmad313
    I really want to see a review or some impressions from somebody about Star ll

Selenium likes this.
  15. Selenium
    Probably never gonna happen! It does look like a Hibiki all grown up, though.

One thing I've noticed about the Hibiki is even though it's overall a rather smooth sounding earphone there's some resonance or roughness somewhere in the upper mids/lower treble. Maybe it needs more burn-in.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
Page 1 of 7
2 3 4 5 6 7
Next

Last