Shozy Hibiki discussion thread
Oct 1, 2017 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104

Selenium

Headphoneus Supremus
2555emo.jpg

Penon said:
Description

• A single dynamic design for daily commuters
  • The AAW x Shozy Hibiki is unique in its form – a combination of an agronomical in-canal design fused with real carbon elements, together with a meticulously machined cable of fine audio qualities and strength. The high quality mems mic and line controls on the detachable 2-pin cable are perfectly functional on iOS and android.
  • Premium hand polished carbon face-plate
  • CIEM grade high quality copper internal wiring
  • Pull-resistance design with in-line control for iOS/android
  • High quality 2-pin copper recessed socket
  • 10mm high-efficiency dynamic driver
  • 3 buttons in-line remote control with reliable MEMS microphone
  • Hibiki comes with the 26AWG Ethos Black high-purity copper earphone cable. The 4-wire braid structure is insulated with ultra-flexible TPE sleeve, minimizing cross interference.
  • Hibiki features high quality recessed socket commonly seen on custom monitors, also an over-mold detachable cable
  • The system allows users to switch to higher-end cables or to use the Ethos Black cable on may other in ear monitors.
Specification

• 10mm Bio Cellulose Membrane Proprietary Full Range Dynamic
  • Single Sound Bore Design
  • Frequency response:20Hz-40000Hz
  • Sensitivity: 102dB SPL@1mW
  • Impedance: 18Ohm@1KHz
  • THD≤0.5%@1KHz
  • Connector: 2-pin 0.78mm
  • Plug:3.5mm
Just got these. I'll be adding to this post as I burn them in with impressions, comparisons, and a review. And cake.

Some impressions; the shells are big. And they're shallow-fitting earphones so they tend to protrude more than you would think. Makes them slightly susceptible to wind noise while biking, and not good candidates for sleeping use. Isolation is average. Comfort is good.

The cable is very nice. Supple, flexible, and not prone to tangling. There's also this little... I don't know what you call it, but there's this piece that essentially serves to adjoin to the left and right channels for storage purposes. Works really well, but it's too high up to be use while wearing the Hibiki, unless you just have a reeeaally skinny neck. :necktie: Edit - That little piece can in fact be moved up and down the cable!

As far as sound goes I'd say they're moderately L-shaped. Compared to the KZ ZST, they have much better vocal timbre, and carry more weight throughout. Obviously there's a pretty big price difference between the two but they share a similar design and lots of people have the ZST. I've got the BGVP DM5 and KZ ZS6 incoming, for stuff that's more similarly priced. And I have the Carbo Tenore which I think will make for an interesting comparison.
ff0hs8.jpg

5zr18w.jpg

2ajxr47.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #9 of 104
Read the product description, has two BA's, one open design and one ultra high frequency, tune for reference sound just like ety but with bass and more resolving and big soundstage also no treble spikes
Now waiting for some impressions ,
I also saw an frequency graph of these with a comparison with 64 audio U12 and U18 and they have almost same tuning ☺

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #10 of 104
How do you like them

I like them a lot so far! Some impressions; the shells are big. And they're shallow-fitting earphones so they tend to protrude more than you would think. Makes them slightly susceptible to wind noise while biking, and not good candidates for sleeping use. Isolation is average. Comfort is good.

The cable is very nice. Supple, flexible, and not prone to tangling. There's also this little... I don't know what you call it, but there's this piece that essentially serves to adjoin to the two cables for storage purposes. Works really well, but it's too high up to be use while wearing the Hibiki, unless you just have a reeeaally skinny neck. :necktie: Edit - that little piece can in fact be moved up and down the cable!

As far as sound goes I'd say they're probably moderately L-shaped. Compared to the KZ ZST, they have much better vocal timbre, and carry more weight throughout. Obviously there's a pretty big price difference between the two but they share a similar design and lots of people have the ZST. I've got the BGVP DM5 and KZ ZS6 incoming, for stuff that's more similarly priced. And I have the Carbo Tenore which I think will make for an interesting comparison.
ff0hs8.jpg

5zr18w.jpg

2ajxr47.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #15 of 104
Now you need the star II

Probably never gonna happen! It does look like a Hibiki all grown up, though.

One thing I've noticed about the Hibiki is even though it's overall a rather smooth sounding earphone there's some resonance or roughness somewhere in the upper mids/lower treble. Maybe it needs more burn-in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back