Shozy Alien+
May 15, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #151 of 539
As I am one of those "non-english speakers having Alien+", I think I should share my brief impressions. I'll do a video with initial impressions later (for those who are OK with accent), meanwhile — my thoughts

1. Really nice design. Nothing ultra-facny, but still superb. Solid metal case, really slim (important for pocket carrying), pleasant sense of cold metal.
2. Display is average, on bright Montenegrin sun I see nothing. So, I need to cover it with hand to see at least anything.
3. Controls are OK, but separate reset button is too much IMHO.
4. Menu is logical and simple. It's plaintext, but it's OK.
5. Player doesn't support well different diacritics. So, no Serbian language here. Russian is supported, but w i t h s p a c e s. Anyway, plain English is supported, and font in new FW is really nice. Shozy told that adding more characters is limited by hardware.
6. There are some features lacking (most of all I miss current track memorizing on shutdown and in-track navigation), but it's also intentional limitation
7. Despite the above, player is lightning fast and reliable. And controls are pretty OK
8. Sound. Sound is great, it's typical "Shozy house sounding", with powerful lows, lively mids and non fatiguing highs. This small thing has lots of power, so digital volume added in recent FW is really nice feature.
9. It's not dry and lifeless monitoring sound, Alien+ is emotional and engaging.

May 15, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #153 of 539
Yes, Alien Gold and Silver have hiss.

May 17, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #157 of 539
IMG_4867.JPG

This thing is great. Very powerful :)

May 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #158 of 539
shozy.jpg

May 22, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #160 of 539
Gold is smooth, because bass in Alien+ is hard, better controlling and layers, and deeper. Mids in Gold signature very similar, but layers and details better in Alien+. Highs are strong highlighted, but never sharp, and this same of the rest frequency more details and layers. In Alien+ instruments is are real weight and size. Holographic in new Alien is amazing, every instruments is shown independently, with air between instruments.

Full review soon.

May 22, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #162 of 539
If you want more details, much better layer, perfect holographic, and big size and weight instrument than upgrade is very worthy. If you like smooth like vinyl sound no take Alien+.

May 22, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #164 of 539
Alien+ sounds organic and analogue, but bass is harder than Gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back