Show Us Your Sanctuary
Aug 1, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #76 of 126
Aug 1, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #77 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane
Hi, I was #82. Here is my submission:

203343923_8b7e0254c5.jpg

Click for larger version.

Man...1 week was a serious push. Not much time at all, but I had a blast making this image. I hadn't done much art lately and this kinda got me back in the groove which is awesome. Modeling and rendering was done in 3dsMax and all post effects were done in Photoshop.

The headphones are based off my Sennheiser HD555's (my current cans and the first headphones I truely fell in love with) and my SOHA amp (that I just fixed like 10 min ago
smily_headphones1.gif
) is sitting on the table.

All the entries look / sound really good, good luck guys!

Man, that is AWESOME. Holy cow!

Aug 1, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #78 of 126
Headroom definitely tapped into a rich vein here - what a goldmine of great sanctuaries!

Aug 1, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #79 of 126
This is great work as well. Congrats! on concept and delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane
Hi, I was #82. Here is my submission:

203343923_8b7e0254c5.jpg

Click for larger version.

Man...1 week was a serious push. Not much time at all, but I had a blast making this image. I hadn't done much art lately and this kinda got me back in the groove which is awesome. Modeling and rendering was done in 3dsMax and all post effects were done in Photoshop.

The headphones are based off my Sennheiser HD555's (my current cans and the first headphones I truely fell in love with) and my SOHA amp (that I just fixed like 10 min ago
smily_headphones1.gif
) is sitting on the table.

All the entries look / sound really good, good luck guys!

Aug 2, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #82 of 126
#22 is humbled to be mentioned specifically...thank you
After trying many different opamps in several breadboard designs, using devices designed for audio, as well as for very different applications, I settled on this specific opamp. It took a little more than a year, between work, family, and other hobbies, until the finished amp finally sang...
Most important, this one makes all my music sound so much better than any other amp I tried with my Sennheiser HD600 - at least the few ones, that I could get my hands on.
I'm in the process of writing up some details, including measurements, for everyone to share...

Thanks again for this inspiring contest!

Regards, Marin

Aug 3, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #85 of 126
The people have spoken:

HeadRoom and Ulitmate Ears have chosen the winners of the Ultimate Sanctuary Contest. Thank you to all participants! Your hard work and creative efforts deserve some reward of their own, so we're offering free HeadRoom cable ties, Ultimate Ears CD, and a few other goodies to anyone who entered the contest. Just send us an email marketing@headphone.com with your name, entry number, and U.S. mailing address- and we will send along our 'thank you' to you for sharing your ultimate sanctuary with us.

Choosing our contest winners was determined by someone's ability to creatively convey their sanctuary achieved with headphones. A varying range of entry types were chosen-- but we were extremely impressed by the overall caliber of all entries!

Grand Prize Winners

#64- Slipknot Baby- Marcus Warren

#19 911 Dispatcher-- Michael C. Fortner

Our grand prize winners will receive the Ultimate Sanctuary Package- Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 pro, HeadRoom Total BitHead, & HeadRoom GigaBag- A $500 value!

1st Runner-Up

#55 Submariner-- John Glover

Our runner-up will receive super.fi 5 pro & Total BitHead!

2nd Runner-Up

#30 The Aluminum Tube - Eitan Kadosh

Our second runner-up will receive a Total AirHead and free Ultimate Ears & HeadRoom schwag*!

3rd and 4th Runner-Ups

#9- The Bike Courier -- Lindsay Stevens

#38- The "Lawn Guy" -- Goffe Torgerson

Our 3rd and 4th place runner ups will also receive sundry HeadRoom & Ultimate Ears schwag.

(*by 'schwag'- we mean good schwag; like a baseball cap, tee shirt, cd case, and other goodies)

Aug 3, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #86 of 126
Thanks for running a great contest guys! Congrats to the winners and it was cool checking out those entries!

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #87 of 126
Im a flippin WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yippeeeeeeeeeee

I assumed that since I wasn't in the bolded 3 above that I was out.

SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

And it is super cool yu guys paid out so many places.

Headphones and some version of amp paid out for more than the grand prize is soooooo cool.

Thanks so much.

I think it is great that you guys realize that somebody put thought and time into every entry and are offering consolation prizes to all. That is so classy.

Congrats to everybody who won something and great job to all those who went through the trouble of entering.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #88 of 126
I would like to thank HeadRoom for giving away all these free items! You sure do give back to the Head-Fi community here!

I would personally like to say Congratulations to a few pictures that really stuck out to me:
#16 - I love the use of colors, it's very simple and relaxing looking.
#41 - I thought this was a very creative twist on the classic evolution diagram.
#62 - For the sheer thrill factor
#64 - Despite your modest comments, it came out really well! Very creative.
#70 - The true worship to the curse.
#82 - This is yet another very simple and clean photo with great use of colors.

Congrats all!

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #89 of 126
This was an unexpected contest and was a very cool thing to of happened. I've been way too busy to submit let alone check out all the entries. I'll be sure to checkout the submissions as a lot of them seem great. It must've been hard deciding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back