Show Us Your Sanctuary
Aug 3, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #91 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
I love it....great work..

I just cant believe i mis-spelled happy... or did i do it purposely? at least my gramer was good
blink.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #92 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7
I would like to thank HeadRoom for giving away all these free items! You sure do give back to the Head-Fi community here!

I would personally like to say Congratulations to a few pictures that really stuck out to me:
#16 - I love the use of colors, it's very simple and relaxing looking.
#41 - I thought this was a very creative twist on the classic evolution diagram.
#62 - For the sheer thrill factor
#64 - Despite your modest comments, it came out really well! Very creative.
#70 - The true worship to the curse.
#82 - This is yet another very simple and clean photo with great use of colors.

Congrats all!

AHAHAHA...LOL. You thought my entry (#82) was a photo? No my friend, that is the work of CG (computer graphics). Everything in that picture was created by me on my computer last week.

Congrats to all the winners. Granted, I'm pretty dissapointed I didn't win after putting in almost 40hrs of work on my image, but hey, thats how it works. Please don't flame me or think I'm being disrespectful, but I do think that the contestants that won, won based on who they were rather than what they submitted. I mean, maybe I read too much into the rules, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

Again, congrats guys!

Aug 3, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #93 of 126
Well if to elect one winner.......there were two that I like very much and I would have had hard time between them.

Your a winner in my book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane
AHAHAHA...LOL. You thought my entry (#82) was a photo? No my friend, that is the work of CG (computer graphics). Everything in that picture was created by me on my computer last week.

Congrats to all the winners. Granted, I'm pretty dissapointed I didn't win after putting in almost 40hrs of work on my image, but hey, thats how it works. Please don't flame me or think I'm being disrespectful, but I do think that the contestants that won, won based on who they were rather than what they submitted. I mean, maybe I read too much into the rules, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

Again, congrats guys!

Aug 3, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #94 of 126
Quote:

Again, congrats guys!

I was kind of disappointed when I saw that your entry wasn't on the list..

But c'est la vie!

Aug 3, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #95 of 126
It definitely wasn't time wasted. I need to spend more time doing 3d stuff (I'm a bit out of practice). This was my first finalized piece in 2 years or so because school and life have been so busy. Hopefully next year there's another one and I'll try harder
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #96 of 126
Hey All!

Thanks so much for all your comments and hard work in submitting these entries! Honestly, I think we were all pretty astounded by the amazing caliber of work you guys created. You all should be very proud!

I feel that I have to offer a bit of explanation to CitizenInsane, though-- because you had a GREAT entry and were certainly, without a doubt, next on the list. But we did not know who any of the entrants were, I did see this thread but I don't know anyone at all so it made absolutely no difference. This contest was advertised elsewhere so there were many non head-fi entrants. And actually, we sort of had to "discount" the fact that you indicated you spent so much time on the work-- that really couldn't be a factor in choosing the winner, since we didn't have any of that info from the other entries.

Choosing. What can you expect from our "intangiable and murky criteria"?!
600smile.gif
We wanted to leave the door as wide open as possible. This was an interesting process, and the results aren't quite what I expected and they likely would have been different if only Tyll, or only myself, or only HeadRoom chose for that matter. HeadRoom chose three, and Ultimate Ears chose three. Ultimate decided between a few from a small group of people, and I believe they looked at those who expressed sanctuary creatively but also who would benefit from the won items. At HeadRoom, we did it differently, I put up to all HeadRoom employees and went with popular vote. Hmm-- democracy is an interesting thing; that sometimes garners interesting results.
wink.gif

However-- We all were equally impressed with all entries who won, and there were more than a few who didn't win that were extremely deserving! Hence, my desire to offer some consolation to those that weren't in the finals-- so please email us at marketing@headphone.com with your name, U.S. address, and phone number, and we'll hook you up with a few goodies. The satisfaction of your beautiful creation, however, speaks volumes.
cool.gif

Thanks again, everyone!

Aug 4, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #97 of 126
Quote:

AHAHAHA...LOL. You thought my entry (#82) was a photo?

When I say photo, I mean in it's simplest sense; a graphic and not text.
Personally I wasn't sure if you took that picture and just doctored it up in photoshop or started from scratch (as goes for some others).

Aug 4, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #101 of 126
Hi everyone! I'm just starting in headphones.

Congrats to the winners!! I just want to thank HeadRoom for running such a great contest. Very cool guys, and so many prizes!!

I was entree #41, and just thought I'd share the story of how it came to be. My initial plan was to draw it on a huge blackboard and make it look like a Professor was instructing. I'm a grad student, so I have access to some university rooms - I decide to sneak into a lecture hall at 7:00pm, and start working (I checked and there was no class supposed to be there). By the time I finished the first monkey, first-year engineering students flood the room from all sides! Apparently there was a room switch. So basically I'm in front of +100 students (all chuckling at my precarious situation) and the Prof. asks me, "Who are you and what are you doing??". I pause, then respond by saying, "I'm a PhD student drawing a monkey" (the class roars with laughter). So he looks at me with disapproval and says that I’m setting a bad example for the first-years – this made me laugh, "You mean setting a bad example by drawing a monkey???"... Anyhow, I save a little face by drawing a blurb that has the monkey saying, "Don't draw on the blackboards!".

So, after that, I was a little gun-shy concerning my plan, and just drew the audio-evolution on bristol with some post-processing using Photoshop to give the illusion of chalk on stone.

Aug 4, 2006 at 2:49 PM Post #102 of 126
That's quite a first post!
smily_headphones1.gif
Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet!
icon10.gif

Aug 4, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #103 of 126
Haha Salvo, that's a great story (I can see it happening).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back