Show us your dog!
Jul 23, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #556 of 1,120
IMG_3340.jpeg
IMG_3340.jpeg
Karma on her six month birthday...got spayed today...

Aug 18, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #566 of 1,120
Yay! So adorable!
Yeah, he is so darn cute. A bit of a handful at times (what puppy isn't), but we love him to bits already. Still can't wait for him to be his full size though, he is growing so hard that I think he is going to be a bear of a dog. :grin:

Aug 18, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #567 of 1,120
Yeah, he is so darn cute. A bit of a handful at times (what puppy isn't), but we love him to bits already. Still can't wait for him to be his full size though, he is growing so hard that I think he is going to be a bear of a dog. :grin:

I hear what you're saying, what puppy isn't a handful?. My puppy is 7 months old later this week.

Karma hiney in the air.jpeg

IMG_2977.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #568 of 1,120
I hear what you're saying, what puppy isn't a handful?. My puppy is 7 months old later this week.

Karma hiney in the air.jpeg
Haha! So cute! I absolutely love Springers. Are you able to get him to sleep easily? Our pup just doesn't want to sleep and we can notice that his behaviour suffers from it, so we want to find a way to get him to sleep better. We think it would do him a lot of good if he could shut down a bit more to get some proper rest.

Aug 19, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #569 of 1,120
Haha! So cute! I absolutely love Springers. Are you able to get him to sleep easily? Our pup just doesn't want to sleep and we can notice that his behaviour suffers from it, so we want to find a way to get him to sleep better. We think it would do him a lot of good if he could shut down a bit more to get some proper rest.

She is a little bundle of energy no doubt about that. There are many times, I wish that she would just settle down. For about two months (month three/four age wise...), I had to get up between 1:00-3:00 am to let her pee and poop. I mean their bladder's only good for three or four hours at that age. However, she adapted to the crate, and was housebroken very quickly. She has been sleeping soundly through the night for about 3-3 1/2 months now. She also takes lengthy naps in the late morning/early afternoon. Someone recently told me that Springers have "sundown syndrome." Very active for about two or three hours right around dusk. Good luck...and thanks, she is a little cutie-pie.

Aug 19, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #570 of 1,120
She is a little bundle of energy no doubt about that. There are many times, I wish that she would just settle down. For about two months (month three/four age wise...), I had to get up between 1:00-3:00 am to let her pee and poop. I mean their bladder's only good for three or four hours at that age. However, she adapted to the crate, and was housebroken very quickly. She has been sleeping soundly through the night for about 3-3 1/2 months now. She also takes lengthy naps in the late morning/early afternoon. Someone recently told me that Springers have "sundown syndrome." Very active for about two or three hours right around dusk. Good luck...and thanks, she is a little cutie-pie.
Thanks! I spoke to the breeder this morning and it does seem like he is not getting anywhere near enough sleep and that makes it more difficult to get him to sleep, which is of course a cycle we need to break. Could get him to sleep outside of his bench today by reducing things that stimulate him (toys, etc) and ignoring him when he sets off. The main challenge will now be how to get him to sleep during the night because he definitely does not like his bench or being confined in any way. The bench is only temporary because you don't put a grown leonberger in a bench, but for now it is an important way to keep him (and the house) safe during the night. So a bit of a challenge to get to know him well enough that we can steer him. It has only been less than a week that he is here, so we are still in the most difficult period for him and for us. We'll get there! And he is cute as can be, so we can never be really mad at him. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back