P4081090Medium.jpg

P4111123Medium.jpg

Yes I know... I'm a huge whore when it comes to my car
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #153 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
What kind of wheels are those?

Hmm, they look like Volk Rays sf-Winnings, 17"? They're a bit narrow though, depending on how much power he's putting down to the front wheels, they should be about a half inch wider. I love Preludes, the H22 is mearly bulletproof.

May 1, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #155 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12thgear
Nice ride Guitarman. The SVT Contour is an under appreciated car.

Thanks. I know its under appreciated... which is sad, but it also adds to its appeal. I absolutely love this car.

only got 38k on it too. it had 32k in May '05 when i bought it... i almost feel bad putting mileage on it... almost
biggrin.gif

edited year... it hardly seems that i have had it a year...

May 1, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #156 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
The current "car".
wink.gif

ac1bike.jpg

Nice bike man. Looks like a phatty dh bike. I haven't been able to get into dh, but I have a 2002 Giant NRS Air, I love it! Giant makes some sweet bikes. Do you ride trails, dh, xc, anything?

May 1, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #157 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12thgear
Nice ride Guitarman. The SVT Contour is an under appreciated car.

Agreed, nice ride!

May 1, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #158 of 505
Still on my first ride (till it spontaneously implodes). Simple grocery-getter, but enough oomph to have a little fun. Also, shiny!
icon10.gif

small-99grandam-backangle.jpg

This is when I got it a few years back. I've since converted to a Masshole
tongue.gif

May 1, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #159 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
Nice bike man. Looks like a phatty dh bike. I haven't been able to get into dh, but I have a 2002 Giant NRS Air, I love it! Giant makes some sweet bikes. Do you ride trails, dh, xc, anything?

Thanks. Yea I do a bit of everything on that bike. I swapped out the lame Rock Shox Pro Delux in favor of a 5th element. It's got mavic rims and an LRP chainguide and bash plates. I've got a Maverick American fork up front, which is so light compared with what was on it, not to mention boasts 6" of travel, front and rear.

It's light enough to still bike up the hills and has what it takes for the descents too. So I ride XC and lots of trails in Florida where its flat, and then out in cali hit larger, more downhill stuff.

May 1, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #160 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
Thanks. Yea I do a bit of everything on that bike. I swapped out the lame Rock Shox Pro Delux in favor of a 5th element. It's got mavic rims and an LRP chainguide and bash plates. I've got a Maverick American fork up front, which is so light compared with what was on it, not to mention boasts 6" of travel, front and rear.

It's light enough to still bike up the hills and has what it takes for the descents too. So I ride XC and lots of trails in Florida where its flat, and then out in cali hit larger, more downhill stuff.

Yeah, that's a trick setup. I am jealous. I'm thinking that I might trade in my air for something a little beefier. I'm a big guy and I'm afraid to try anything too crazy on it.
tongue.gif

May 17, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #161 of 505
Just picked up car #5 today. It is a '95 Saturn SC2. It may not be the most reliable car, but it is fun as hell to drive (feel like you are drive a go-kart), and it gets awesome gas mileage (25 city). I think I paid a bit to much for it, but pre-'96 SC2's in good shape are becoming very hard to come by. I had one of these cars for two years until someone pulled out in front of me and sadly I lost. I just loved the car so much I had to get another one.

img02169yx.jpg

img02156hk.jpg

img02133qv.jpg

May 19, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #163 of 505
NewCar.jpg

Here's my new ride, as of the last week or so. I'm very happy with it overall, my first tank of gas got 30mpg despite constant A/C use, and some "spirited" driving. I've got a few little bugs to iron out, like the power antenna, which is notoriously badly designed on this car, and a piece of weatherstriping to glue back on. Other than that, it's a damn good car for what I paid, and it's got plenty of miles left in her (103K now, should get to 200 easily).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back