Show Off Your IEMs/Buds And Accessories!
May 16, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #842 of 3,013
May 17, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #843 of 3,013
Added another killer sounding dongle (Lotoo S2) to the mix. :ksc75smile:

20220516_054300.jpg

May 21, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #845 of 3,013
Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #848 of 3,013
Please understand this as constructive criticism, nothing more. I love your photos, and that you introduce us to IEMs that might otherwise go unnoticed.

10 reviews in 2022, 8 with 5 stars and 2 with 4 stars...
Is all so good to have 4 stars or more? Is the 80% so good / perfect to have 5 stars?

Shouldn't we start rating reviews in another way?
I really doubt it's all that good. Also, it is not good for anyone that everything is so good.

May 21, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #849 of 3,013
Please understand this as constructive criticism, nothing more. I love your photos, and that you introduce us to IEMs that might otherwise go unnoticed.

10 reviews in 2022, 8 with 5 stars and 2 with 4 stars...
Is all so good to have 4 stars or more? Is the 80% so good / perfect to have 5 stars?

Shouldn't we start rating reviews in another way?
I really doubt it's all that good. Also, it is not good for anyone that everything is so good.
What new have you heard this year? There are $26 CCA CRA+ that fully win-out of all the $170.00 and $200.00 dollar IEMs I purchased with my own money in 2018. If you haven’t heard what is for sale now then I totally understand your skepticism. Being skeptical is normal. Why don’t you buy them and report back? The whole sound quality paradigm has changed before our noses.

I wish you couldn’t hear some of them, it would change your attitude! Imagine the Timeless and multiply it to a bunch of stuff, that is where we are at. The Timeless isn’t the only thing that’s good now. Just get the TRN TA1 Max and report back! You will see!

No worries, I love the criticism!

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #850 of 3,013
What new have you heard this year? There are $26 CCA CRA+ that fully win-out of all the $170.00 and $200.00 dollar IEMs I purchased with my own money in 2018. If you haven’t heard what is for sale now then I totally understand your skepticism. Being skeptical is normal. Why don’t you buy them and report back? The whole sound quality paradigm has changed before our noses.

I wish you couldn’t hear some of them, it would change your attitude! Imagine the Timeless and multiply it to a bunch of stuff, that is where we are at. The Timeless isn’t the only thing that’s good now.

No worries, I love the criticism!
I have the CRA, and I don't like it at all.

And I probably wouldn't give the Timeless more than 4 stars even though I think it's the third IEM I liked the most out of everything I've tried.
Simply because I believe that to give something 5/5 stars, it should be perfect. And I don't think the perfect IEM exists yet (and possibly never).

It's simply a matter of how you rate, not whether the IEMs you've reviewed are better or worse than Timeless or others.

May 21, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #851 of 3,013
May 21, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #852 of 3,013

And I probably wouldn't give the Timeless more than 4 stars even though I think it's the third IEM I liked the most out of everything I've tried.
Simply because I believe that to give something 5/5 stars, it should be perfect. And I don't think the perfect IEM exists yet (and possibly never).

It's simply a matter of how you rate, not whether the IEMs you've reviewed are better or worse than Timeless or others.
I rate on a value to dollar curve? I think your a little critical of your very own Timeless? I mean it totally changed the landscape? But the way you rate IEMs is your business.

Things don’t have to be perfect to get 5 stars from me. There is no such thing as perfect, it doesn’t exist here. Sorry.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #853 of 3,013

You have the CRA not the CRA+.

May 21, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #854 of 3,013
I rate on a value to dollar curve? I think your a little critical of your very own Timeless? I mean it totally changed the landscape? But the way you rate IEMs is your business.

Things don’t have to be perfect to get 5 stars from me. There is no such thing as perfect, it doesn’t exist here. Sorry.
I just think it's very confusing for someone who looks at the reviews that almost everything has 5 stars.
Nothing more.
I think it would be much fairer and more valuable for the rest of the people to be able to use the rest of the scores (not only 8, 9 or 10, but also 0,1,2... or 7).

But it's just my opinion.

May 21, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #855 of 3,013
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back