Show off your CD storage solutions
Jul 2, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it wasn't assembled I could tell you why it was by the dumpster LOL... I put one of those together for my friend it took numerous tries, all the rods keep falling out as you try to get them lined up to put the other side on LOL... that one alsmost went to the dumpster...Once together they do the job though
smily_headphones1.gif

It was just sitting there fully assembled. The paint didn't even have any scratches on it. It's a lot sturdier than it looks as well. Guess I just lucked out.

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #18 of 45
I have mine stacked in some plastic storage bins and have the CDs burned to a NAS:

medium.jpg

If you want your CDs somewhere you can reach them, I have also used a black stand like this one that holds 800:

ms0800b.jpg

It does make it easy to find an artist quickly, but you have to leave space on each side for CDs you may purchase in the future if you want to keep the artists alphabetized.

Jul 3, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #23 of 45
Please, PLEASE PEOPLE: resize your pictures before linking them. Use Irfanview, or the ImageShack toolbar can do it for you on the fly as you upload them. Either that or Head-Fi please upgrade to a software that automatically resizes pics.

Back to the OP, I use Boltz CD racks. I just purchased an expansion kit and took some pics after the install:

boltzlpbox004rq5.jpg

boltzlpbox005us5.jpg

boltzlpbox006ok1.jpg

boltzlpbox007kd5.jpg

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #29 of 45
I just finished building:

It holds about 650 CD's, my remanining 1,000 are in an open rack. This coming weekend I will start taking the cd's I have laying on the floor and transfering them to the cabinet shown above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back