Show off your CD storage solutions
Jul 2, 2007 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

c0mfortably_numb

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I've searched through 20 some pages of history and haven't seen a post like this. Basically I'm looking for some ideas on storing 100+ (and growing) CD collection, and wanted to see what others have come up with for storage solutions. Right now my desk holds about 30, and I have CD rack that holds about another 50, and I have another overflowing stack in my closet.

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 45
The storage cases are for the archiving of shn/flac data and any audio CDs I make from them. Any jewel cased CDs I own would be tucked away after I burn a copy to use.

I wasn't thinking along the lines of store bought CDs when I initially read this thread but instead what to do with a couple hundred Taiyo Yudens.

Rich in KC.

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 45
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148151

wink.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #7 of 45
I built a shelf for all my DVDs (I don't really have any CDs)

Porch805.jpg

Jul 2, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #8 of 45
Currently, I am using two of these: ANDY from Ikea...cheap and certainly not too pretty but it's ok for now. Each of the drawers holds 2 rows with 25 CDs each. Using regular CD cases it's a perfect fit, some CDs can get problematic though. Unfortunately, these two are already full again and there's only so much space in my room, so I'll have to think of something different soon.
Picture:
53801_PE157424_S4.jpg

Jul 2, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148151

wink.gif

Heh, well I do have a Western Digital SATA II 320 Gig HD mostly filled with FLAC backup's of my music, but I need to come up with storage for the hard copies
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently, I am using two of these: ANDY from Ikea...cheap and certainly not too pretty but it's ok for now.

I wish there was an Ikea where I live, I could more then definitely come up with something there I'm sure, without have to come up with allot of money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now that's what I'm talking about
eggosmile.gif
and have been thinking of building a shelf or two. I was also thinking of enclosing the shelf and maybe have sliding plexi doors to cut down on the dust. Right now I have my DVD's and Xbox games in a DVD cabinet, but I'm close to full on that.

79195775jy3.jpg

Jul 2, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #11 of 45
Nice one fatcat. How much does a setup like that usually run. While I don't have near enough CDs to fill something like that, I'm getting there.

100_0872.jpg

I would love to tell you where to get one of these, but truth be told, I found mine sitting in front of my apartment's dumpster. They do say one man's trash is another man's treasure, right?

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #13 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice one fatcat. How much does a setup like that usually run. While I don't have near enough CDs to fill something like that, I'm getting there.

100_0872.jpg

I would love to tell you where to get one of these, but truth be told, I found mine sitting in front of my apartment's dumpster. They do say one man's trash is another man's treasure, right?

If it wasn't assembled I could tell you why it was by the dumpster LOL... I put one of those together for my friend it took numerous tries, all the rods keep falling out as you try to get them lined up to put the other side on LOL... that one alsmost went to the dumpster...Once together they do the job though
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037
I've shown this before on Head-Fi But...........

That is nice fatcat, where did you get that from?

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Porch805.jpg

Nice shelf, Spaceman, but you should have cropped the top of the photo. Now we ALL know that you live in a basement, or is that just your mancave? I'm not trying to be too much of a smart ass, I happen to love basements, heck, I'm typing this in a [finished] basement. Ah well, I'm guilty as I charge...

Laz

BTW, I was using a Yellowtail wine rack for CD storage for awhile. The thing was better made than you would expect. I also once used a small book cabinet with double doors in the front. It's made of beautiful old wood, and I use it for video storage now. Currently I'm using a small chest of drawers for CD's - the drawers are just deep enough, and they ride on linear ball bearings, which means no binding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back