Should the next National Meet be on the West Coast?
Apr 29, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #16 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
West Coast this time.

I'd say NorCal would be better suited given there are more members with more gear located there.

-Ed

yay! holla it out man!

Apr 29, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #18 of 101
I say it should be in the pauley ballroom in Berkeley (san francisco area).
California! California! Califoorrrrrrrrnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiaaa!

Apr 29, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #20 of 101
Someplace with direct flights and within relative proximity to airport(s), and with good hotel deals. For purely selfish reasons, I'd prefer NYC again
evil_smiley.gif
, but I'll go anywhere.

Apr 29, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #21 of 101
Yes, West Coast.

Los Angeles, anyone? There are many hotels in the immediate vicinity of LAX. I live 10 minutes away... anyone think I'm biased?

Anyhow, SF or another place up north is OK. I'd go. Good excuse for a road trip!

Apr 29, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #25 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Bring it on! Whether LA or SF, hmmmm, hard to say. I'd only think of LV if we could find a smoke-free place to hold the meet, which at least from what I've experienced of the town, is nearly impossible.

While Vegas would be a great venue, there are way too many Conventions held there. Particularly CES, which is where many of the vendors goto anyways. I think they'd rather have a little variety.

-Ed

Apr 29, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #26 of 101
AT MT HOUSE!!!

Apr 29, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #28 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Perhaps if a rule was that the hosting city needs to have a member with the Orpheus, that disqualifies SoCal.
tongue.gif

-Ed

No it doesn't. foo_me owns a pair now.
orphsmile.gif
Unless you meant the whole system, but I think he's planning to get the ES-1.

Anyway, I get the feeling Tyll already has a location in mind for next year from the meet impressions thread. Hopefully it's not too far away from me.

Apr 29, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #29 of 101
I've got it! How about Phoenix, Arizona! That's kind of on the West Coast.

Apr 29, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #30 of 101
oh it must be in the bay area. My fam is moving there!

You guys can't seriously have it again in NYC, its just unfair. And I wouldn't say all of cali is a cesspit, just parts. There are very very nice places there too. There are worse states.........cough West Viriginia cough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back