Should I try the Sansa Clip+ ?
Feb 13, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #16 of 25
I have the Fiio E5 which would increase bass a little bit, but it doesn't go well with my Westone 2 because it creates a nasty background noise. I just ordered the 4Gb Clip+ from Amazon for $40
biggrin.gif
Great deal

Feb 13, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOD-Line out Doc, see mine-its the purple cable

DSC02428.jpg

I just ordered an 8GB Sansa Fuze to replace my old Sansa E280 Rhapsody.
I also already have a Ibasso D4 and want to know where I can get the LOD cable? Also how does the LOD cable compare to using the headphone out on the Fuze? Also I want to purchase a 16GB micro SD card for the player and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.
I found one on Newegg here for $37 but I am not sure if it is fast enough:

Newegg.com - DANE-ELEC 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card w/ SD Adapter Model DA-2IN1-16G-R - Flash Memory

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowedtoothdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also I want to purchase a 16GB micro SD card for the player and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.
I found one on Newegg here for $37 but I am not sure if it is fast enough:

Newegg.com - DANE-ELEC 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card w/ SD Adapter Model DA-2IN1-16G-R - Flash Memory

I can't answer your other questions, but the review on the Newegg site is spot on:

Quote:

Cons: It is SLOW. Its maximum write speed is above 2 MB/s but under 3 MB/s. The specs don't say, but it seems to be a class 2 card. The highest speed is class 6, corresponding to a write speed of at least 6 MB/s. In general, read speeds are a tad higher than write speeds.

Feb 14, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #19 of 25
I'm just wondering how that would impact the performance of the player itself. I really don't care if it takes a bit longer to sync files to it as long as the player does not have an issue playing them.
PS. Sorry if I am off topic here!

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowedtoothdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just wondering how that would impact the performance of the player itself. I really don't care if it takes a bit longer to sync files to it as long as the player does not have an issue playing them.
PS. Sorry if I am off topic here!

I just picked up a clip+ 4g & I am stunned by its performance... MP3 wize, as good as the shuffle 1g w/o the hisss & more neutral (shuffle was warm)
To me, better than the Sony E345, and deffinately better than my Nano 2g and my iphone 1g (and 1/3 the size)

Now when it comes down to the card... I have a class 4 and a class 2 4giger card, and tried both for copying & well... I didn't see the difference.

I think that the device itself doesn't transfer at full interface speed, and its likely the internal memory inside the clip itself is just class 2

I'm tempted to ge a 16gb class 2 myself... I'm not recording any HD movies or taking pictures in rapid successions (no pictures or movies at all w/ the clip+)

Anyways, I love the drag & drop, and just connect/disconnect... no software other than firmware... its awesome

I pair it up to my Denon C751s, which have a built in mini-cord and this little thing is really really little... short cord, wear the bullets over the ears, no microphonics and no looking for pockets

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #21 of 25
I'm really amaze how the clip+ have such a wider sound stage and separation than my Walkman S544. It is less bassy but puncher IMO than my Walkman with my turbine pro. I really encourage you to check the clip+ since its only $40.00 and you can always return it if you get it in a bigbox store.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #22 of 25
My Clip+ is one of the few consolations I find in this rapidly disintegrating world. Great sound, plenty of space, ridiculously low price.

A few words of warning: while I don't use EQ, I did fiddle with the Clip+ EQ a bit when I first got the unit, just in the process of trying out some of the player's features. I've heard people rave about the EQ feature in the Sonys; if that's important to you, you may be disappointed.

Also, the incredibly small size of the device makes it VERY easy to lose. I've now lost two (yeah, I know, that's my problem, not the device's problem. I'm just saying.)

If however, you want natural, accurate sound, the Clip+ is for you. It's the first player I've been happy with since the sad demise of my RH1, and I can say without hesitation that after a lifetime of owning Sony players, the Clip+ is the first device that I have liked as much as my older Sonys.

But I still want my RH1 back.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy287 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really amaze how the clip+ have such a wider sound stage and separation than my Walkman S544. It is less bassy but puncher IMO than my Walkman with my turbine pro. I really encourage you to check the clip+ since its only $40.00 and you can always return it if you get it in a bigbox store.

Its very impressive... its such a no-frills no fuss player
I mean, I don't understand why anyone would bother with EQ anyways
Its very natural in its presentation with everything you could ask from a 3.5mini - really

Also for its size, the 15hr battery life is very good... easy to navigate and easy to read display... I really have no complaints

I use a Jolida JD100A cdp to my supped up Audio Alchemy HPA-1 -- took some flac files, and pluged it into the Alchemy and basically couldn't find a deffeciency with the sound, other than the fact the JD100A has a smoother output (12ax7 stage).

Tip effing top player

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3cc0s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its very impressive... its such a no-frills no fuss player
I mean, I don't understand why anyone would bother with EQ anyways

I agree, but I think lots of people basically don't want accurate sound. Whether it's thudding bass or piercing highs that they want, they use EQ to get what sounds good to them.

For my part, the Clip+ could just lose the EQ and I wouldn't miss it. But I've read lots and lots of posts on Head-fi that tell me that many people do want to adjust freq response to suit their particular preferences. I simply wanted to point out that the Clip+ is not good at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back