Should I sell on eBay or Head-Fi?
Nov 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #16 of 21
When you are a seller, you want to attract the biggest population of potential buyers. Having restrictions on not using paypal, or making them use gift payments is only going to limit your audience. I just pass those ads by - I'm a legitimate buyer and I don't want to screw around with any of that nonsense. IMHO, if you want more money, then price it higher - don't try to make the buyer pay all the fees.

I can understand the gift payment issue - that's essentially skirting the rules if you're actually using it for a sale.  For the rest, though, I don't understand why some would want costs and fees "hidden" within a higher price.  Why not be honest and show all the costs?  That seems more transparent and lets people decide for themselves.

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #18 of 21
  I can understand the gift payment issue - that's essentially skirting the rules if you're actually using it for a sale.  For the rest, though, I don't understand why some would want costs and fees "hidden" within a higher price.  Why not be honest and show all the costs?  That seems more transparent and lets people decide for themselves.

Yeah I've always viewed those caveats and disclaimers as favoring the buyer.  I list the price net to me. As a seller you don't have to pay me with Paypal or a service that incurs a fee. 

I suppose I could include it in the price...always thought that was more ambiguous.

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #21 of 21
I wish I bought 10k even a month ago
mad.gif

I somehow think that it could be a very profitable, yet risky, investment at today's price of $820.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back