Should I Return My RE2's?
Apr 19, 2009 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Thrashingshrimp

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought them like a week ago from Head-Direct. I find the microphonics to be troublesome and the bass to be very weak. The sound is also very thin, and just not very enjoyable.

If I do return them, how much would you expect the shipping costs back to Head-Direct would be?

And do any of you believe that the NE7M or the PK3s would provide a much more "fun" and bass-rich sound?

Thanks.

Apr 19, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 7
If you don't find it to be your cup of tea, you should return or sell it out, depending of which you find easier. If you do decide to return it, you should contact Heda-direct first and you will get a return address (which I believe should be in U.S.) than you will know the rough shipping cost.

In any case, I'll suggest you to read more reviews before next purchase.

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 7
Head-Direct is in NY. Just use their 30-day exchange, and get a PK3. The RE2 really needs an amp for more bass, but I don't find it that microphonic. Also, USPS First Class is under $2.

Apr 19, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 7
Agreed, they really need an amp for more bass, and sound decent with even an inexpensive amp Fiio E5 or more costly iBasso T4 as the amp. I find them in the same league as Ety ER6i and Nuforce NE-8. Mine also picked up a bit more bass with 200+ hours of burn-in. My 13 yr old daughter has been enjoying mine for 2 weeks without an amp, since she lost her JVC FX66, and hasn't complained about the bass yet (my two girls go through about 4-5 pair of IEM a year by attrition).

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed, they really need an amp for more bass, and sound decent with even an inexpensive amp Fiio E5 or more costly iBasso T4 as the amp. I find them in the same league as Ety ER6i and Nuforce NE-8. Mine also picked up a bit more bass with 200+ hours of burn-in. My 13 yr old daughter has been enjoying mine for 2 weeks without an amp, since she lost her JVC FX66, and hasn't complained about the bass yet (my two girls go through about 4-5 pair of IEM a year by attrition).

Young audiophiles. They shouldn't be complaining about the bass anyways.
wink.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You work too hard for money to get second rate stuff for your money, return them.

In that light, since it will cost him $109 + shipping for a T4 amp to make the RE2 sound better than the unamped NE-7M, he should return/sell the RE2 and get the NE-7M if that is the max his budget can handle. But the RE2 are not second rate, just not the best choice unamped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back