Should I recable T5P and where?
May 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

naurispunk

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

So I bought Beyerdynamic T5P after wearing HD25 for a year because i wanted something with bigger soundstage. That and I guess I wanted to clear my cash account a bit :)

As much as I love the looks and the sound of them I had worries about their cable choice as it looked pretty thin compared to other headphones I have (HD25 for example)
Anyway, 30 or so days later the cable started to misfunction and eventually left speaker was gone. I'm pretty sure the problem was with the headphone jack. I had no problem with warranty and I got a brand new pair right away but I'm still thinking it might brake.

And I don't think I'm being too rough on them. If anything I'm being extra gentle with them and they still broke way faster than HD25 which btw still works - that thing is undestructible :D

Should I recable them with something more heavy duty? I still want to use them for portable use so I dont want anything too heavy just a bit more sturdy.If so I don't really want to risk it doing myself so what are good options for this? I live in EU so sending them overseas for this might raise the cost high enough for it not to make sense.

Opinions?

May 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 3
You should fire off a PM to LiuTim.  He's got the most incredible modded/recabled T5P I've ever heard in my life... truly something to behold. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back