Should I pick up Monster Turbines)
Apr 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 51
For a bit more I would get one of these and be done with Monster stuff. http://www.buy.com/sr/searchresults.aspx?qu=cks77&qxt=home&display=col&suggest=1 

I own a pair of Monster Miles Davis Tributes. These beat the tard out of them in every way. Better SQ from an earphone that cost X3 less. 

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #9 of 51
Selenium if you heard how these sound..Then you would come back and say. That nuts. He knew what was going on. Though I have to admit the Tributes with my Sony Z1060 is very musical/enjoyable. Was listening to them earlier today. 

I hope one of these days you out of all people here at headfi you will have a chance to hear a CKS77. One of these days..

I did some serious A/B sessions. I know it sounds crazy that these CKS77 has the better sound but believe it or not. What is fact is fact. Better bigger sound, better build, better value.

One of these days when you are sitting on a $100 just burning a hole in your pocket... Remember what you are reading here..I know there is almost nothing written about these or how they sound besides me. But I am telling you I am telling it how I hear it. The sound on the CKS77 is bigger cleaner and even more balanced on the Tributes

It basically out does what the Tributes do.. One of these days...

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #10 of 51
Well Joker for instance rates the MMDTs higher than the CKM99 which is their flagship dynamic isn't it? It's all just opinion + preferences.

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #11 of 51
Ya I know. His take on the CKM99. Believe it or not the 2 earphones are completely different animals. The CKM99 are very similar to the CKM50s. A more refined version but basically the same sound signature. I can understand his score on the CKM99 but he and everyone here at headfi has never heard the CKS77. A different beast.. If you look up old reviews on the CKS70 that Dweaver did a while back. He loved the spacious big sound on the CKS70 but admitted they could use better highs and mids..  So did AT. They fixed everything that was wrong about the older CKS earphones and what we got is an unknown new version in the CKS77.

How do these sound? Only if you can hear these. The bass is one thing but the double chamber makes these sound so freaking alive it is hard to describe as I have nothing that sounds quite like these. Everyone thinks these are Bass and nothing else type earphones. As the older versions were just that. .
Man these have great balance first of all and detail is very great on them as well. Again cleaner sounding that the Tributes. The highs are similar to the CKM50 a bit more refined in the highs. but the mids are much more fuller and then the lows. The bass end is simply the best quality and quantity.. The sound is smooth but what sets these apart.?  The sound has so much depth. The most I have over anything else.. All the current top dynamics Gr07 EX600 CKM99. Even the tributes. All of them sound shallow in comparison. I don't know if you saw that video I threw on the CKM thread of the vivaldi recording in that music hall.. That is a prime example of just how crazy astounding these earphones sound.. You can hear a complete surround of the reverb on that recording on the CKS77 but not on anything else.

It simply gives a whole new level of immersion because of how much depth there is to the sounds on these. It is not that these have big bass or clarity or balance.. It is because these have that but on top of that the roomiest depth in the sounds that nothing can touch..
I wrote how the new CKM1000. A super high end AT earphone which cost somewhere around $600. If you look at that design it uses the same 14mm driver that is in the CKM99 but uses a similar housing design that is in the CKS77. .You know why? To add depth and space to the sound.. I am 100% certain of this.

I know you have believed me on my budget stuff and I came out of nowhere to say the CKS77 bests the MMDTs..If you only heard what these CKS77 sound like. I am just telling what my ears hear.. I know you are a fan of that thick creamy musical sound that is on the Monsters.. How about even a thicker and more roomier sound with better balance and clarity over them. This again is not an exaggeration but what I am hearing from A/Bing both..

If one didn't hear what the CKS77 is like the Tributes are lovely. Like I mentioned before I like their musical sound. I am a bigger fan of musical vs analytical any day..
It is just that the CKS77 is actually the upgrade on this particular type of sound. One of these days.

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #13 of 51
The Monster Turbines were one of e few pair I've ever returned due to lack of treble presence and too much bloat. It's been three or four years since I had them, so not much more to say. I didn't like them as much as my Sony EX71s.

I'd get a UE Tripple.fi 10s, one of the best deals for the money, or the Shure SE215s.

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #14 of 51
I might just go with the Turbines, honestly i'm only really willing to spend $80 or so on earbuds right now, and i'm currently listening to Skullcandy(bought out of desperation for earbuds). I'll look into higher end things eventually, when i have  a bit more cash in my pocket to spend. As well these will be my first higher-end pair or earuds as well as my first IEMs

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #15 of 51
Just do some more research first before you pull the trigger. There are plenty of choices for <$80. I suggest you take a look at Joker's IEM review thead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back