Should I pay $150 for Westone W40's or move on??? (Explanation in thread.)
Apr 10, 2014 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Geeksire

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! It has been a long time since I have asked for help on this thread. The main reason why I opened this thread is because my Westone 4's have stopped working (right earbud.) I called Westone regarding my issue and since my earphones are discontinued (as well as warranty experation,) there is no way in fixing them. Nevertheless, he offered me $150 (including shipping) for the new W40's but I faltered on his offer.

After three years, my earphones began to fail and I thought what would happen to the W40's if I bought them? Would they only last me another 3 years??? Any suggestions on my predicament? Thanks!!

Apr 10, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 6
It might be an isolated incident, you never know. 
I just got my w40 so can't commend on how long they can last but I think that w40 for 150$ is a very good deal.
Maybe other members can help with the durability issue :)

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 6
I would jump on that in a heartbeat - what other option do you have? If you don't like them, you will certainly get your money back.

Apr 11, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #4 of 6
$150 for w40? I'm down even if they only last me a year or two.

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #5 of 6
I would agree with Ivabign. Even if you do not like them afterwards you can easily offload them at a price higher than what you paid for ($150). There are afew impressions in the new Westone series thread where some have stated that W40 is even better than the W4 and W4R. W40 is also a removable cable IEM which should be probably more durable. Also it should be covered under 2 years warranty by Westone. So if I were you I would have delightfully jumped on the offer! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back