Should i leave good or bad feedback? what would you do?
Mar 30, 2005 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

BowerR64

1000+ Head-Fier
Second time this has happened to me but with 2 different people. I send them somthing and after a while they send me e-mails claiming they didnt receive the package. After a week of e-mails of hearing the same tune "nope nothing yet" i bust out some tracking info, the receipt from the post office and any other proof i can find that they got the package. After they see the tracking and proof i get this reply "It was delivered awhile back the idiot driver just left it on my front door, no signature, and very easy to be stolen by anyone. I will be complaining to ups about their driver"

does this sound honest to you?

The package arived on the 18th and he just admits today he received it.

Mar 30, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 15
That is why I always ship with delivery confirmation or tracking number, IMO they were playing dirty....but as there is nothing for sure, you should be careful and give them the benefit of the doubt, but do not leave a positive feedback neither....

Mar 30, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 15
Even though it (the buyer's story, that is) sounds fishy, I have received on more than one occasion a package left at my door that was supposed to be signed for, so delivery confirmation doesn't always do the trick. I've complained, but it seems the USPS isn't too worried about it. I still think the buyer is full of crap though.

Mar 30, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 15
When you ship the package tell the buyer:

1) How it was shipped.
2) When it was shipped.
3) Estimated time for delivery- the Postal person will tell you about how long it should take.
4) Any pertinent Tracking information. I often check the tracking information online to verify accuracy myself.

Ask them to let you know when it arrives. This will allow the buyer to expect delivery around a certain date.

Why would you keep the Tracking information to yourself and not send it to the Buyer so they can check for themselves?

The Buyer and the Seller need to work together to make the experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.

As a Buyer Please let the Seller know the package has arrived and the condition of the item upon receipt.

A little courtesy on both sides goes a long way.

Mitch

Mar 30, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 15
Where were you shipping to? Was it a sketchy neigborhood where theft was likely?

My opinion is that one of two things is going on here:

1. The buyer got the package in both instances but tried to tell you it never arrived, hoping you would refund their money or send a replacement. This is dishonest and deserves a negative feedback. Fortunately you have tracking and delivery confirmation, so you are covered. Any issues are between the carrier and the buyer.

2. The package was delivered and confirmed but was stolen from the buyer's doorstep. This is the carrier's fault since they left it without a signature. Again, this is between the buyer and the carrier.

If it were me, I would leave negative feedback in this particular case since he's changed his story from, "It was delivered a long time ago and stolen," to, "I got it." He was trying to pull a fast one on you.

Mar 30, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #6 of 15
one time I had a packaged marked through USPS as signed for and delivery via their delivery confirmation when it hadn't arrived here (I didn't even know the shipper took these precautions). I complained a few days later and the seller responded rudely that the package was delivered and signed for a day or two prior. Later that evening the package was delivered at my door and I'm sure I looked like an ass/scammer to the seller when my response to his email was "it arrived today, thats funny.. blah, blah, blah"

*shrug* in an event like that I'd just not leave any feedback either way. Better then getting into a feedback war over what turns out to be neither one of your faults.

Mar 30, 2005 at 10:11 PM Post #7 of 15
I just feel that this person is a little shady, if given the chance he will brun you. I want people to know that if you get lazy and dont get signature and tracking you might get burned by them.

He led me to believe for a week he hadnt received the package, i was worried for a week ide have to refund his money. I dont think he knew i had any proof of the delievery since he didnt sign for anything.

Mar 30, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 15
what about leaving neutral feedback, and write what happened (well, a short version)?

That way, people are alerted to what happened, and it will raise a red flag if he tries it again. You have your money, he has the item (and admits it), you haven't started a fight when you aren't sure about it, and he might not be able to pull it in the future.

Mar 30, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #9 of 15
So you dont feel that lieing and saying you didnt receive it deserves bad feedback? being deceptive, what if it was in his description about an item forsale?

"in new condition" but in reality its broken or well used.

I guess i just need to cool off a bit.

Mar 30, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #10 of 15
Don't make a big deal out of it or try to figure out whether he's lying or not if, in the end, it makes no difference to you. In other words, no harm, no foul. You got paid, and he's not demanding a refund, so what difference does it make? Trying to impute ill will to him based on what could honestly be a simple matter of confusion on his part is inappropriate IMO.

Just as a "for instance", I'm forever having trouble with UPS and FedEx deliveries because I use a shipping address in Florida where I don't physically reside. The people who do live there are at work during the day, and they have more things to worry about than receiving packages for me. This means that, on occasion:

1. a large package will get sent back (the most recent one was a pair of SA5000's that were returned to Tokyo!)
2. a package of any size will be left at a neighbor's house who forgets to pass it along for some time,
3. a small package will be received, and end up under a bed, only to be discovered a month or two later (such as a CD).

There are a number of plausible explanations, so "all is well that ends well" would be my position if I were you.

Mar 31, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #11 of 15
Sounds to me like the guy was phishing for a refund, hoping you wouldnt know if he was telling the truth or not. I'd get his positive feedback then leave him negative, because the probability of him, expecting a package, not finding it on his front porch until you call him out on the delivery is rather small.

Mar 31, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #12 of 15
Well, I must just be a little more distrusting. I don't send the goods 'till I get the cash. But then I always send the goods. The saying always has been "buyer beware" not "sender". I guess your concern is some sort of demanded refund, but you sent it tracked and accountable - that's it.

Mar 31, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #14 of 15
I've received a lot of packages and despite my complaints, on several occasions a parcel has left on my front steps sitting in front of my door. My front door is only about 12 feet from the sidewalk...and I live in a bad neighbourhood. So far I've been lucky, but it is possible for this sort of theft to happen. And I've had well overdue parcels arrive the very same day I've contacted the seller to advise it hadn't arrived.

Since you can't be 100% certain you were being lied to, I'd resist the urge to leave negative feedback...and possibly screw up someone who may be telling the truth. If it's like e-bay where you can also leave a comment, perhaps you could say something like "thought the package was lost for a while, but it finally arrived...glad I had tracking" which would at least set off some alarms if the buyer tried it again.

Mar 31, 2005 at 12:49 PM Post #15 of 15
I've had Fedex deliver "signature required" packages to people whose names were'nt even remotely similar to mine. When you looked it up on line you could clearly see that the signee was not the intended recipient. A lot of those guys are temps and just don't give a sh!t about what gets delivered where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back