Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500?
Feb 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Dead Ghost

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so, i have recently bought some unmoded Fostex T50RP, that i listen to from the onboard audio; i haven't yet decided on an amp and dac for them. They sound decent (though i don't have anything to compare them to), but sound isolation is pretty poor and they are uncomfortable (really sweaty ears and weak clamp force, they keep sliding). I wanted to mod them, starting with some Shure alcantara pads, but i have second thoughts. 

If i mod them for comfort and sound quality, and buy a recommended dac + amp for them, would the result be as good or better than a <$500 headphone (with appropriate dac&amp)? If not, do you have any suggestions for me? It doesn't have to be closed, but i like some sound isolation, if possible. It's not an absolute requirement, though. For the sound preference, it should be something with great soundstage, imaging, with good bass, mids and non-fatiguing heights. I don't listen to classic music (maybe except for some piano works), but everything else is ok, from heavy metal to old school rap, with a bit of classic jazz here and there. Occasionally i watch movies and play games with them.  

Thank you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back