Should I just buy Apple's headphones, or is there something better?
Apr 10, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 14
Meelectronics M6 or M9. Those stock Apple buds are worth about $0.50 if that.

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 14
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I knew there was a much better alternative to Apple's junk.

I'm not entirely thrilled by the M9s in-ear style. It seems like those always fall out of my ears. Any recommendations for something that rests in your ear, as opposed to going in it?

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #6 of 14
so you want ear buds, as opposed to fully in-the-ear-canal phones?

what's your budget? if you're willing to spend a little more than the 30 dollars apple wants for their junk, then you can get some seriously good phones.

i'd try Yuin PK3 or OK3.

Head Direct

chinese company, repped by a well-liked seller called Head-Direct. reported to be killer ear buds.

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #7 of 14
PK3, JVC Air Cushion FX66.........

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by btsgreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I knew there was a much better alternative to Apple's junk.

I'm not entirely thrilled by the M9s in-ear style. It seems like those always fall out of my ears. Any recommendations for something that rests in your ear, as opposed to going in it?

I'm guessing they the in-ear style (IEM, in-ear-montior) fall out of your ears because you've never gotten a proper fit/seal, most likely because the tip/sleeve (the part that goes in your ear) was either to big or to small for you ear. Both of the IEMs suggest (M6, M9, M11) come with a range of tips, from small to large and I know at least the M6 come with a triple flange tip (which I would almost call extra-small, but I don't that's accurate). I'm also guessing that with the in-ears you've tried they lacked bass/had none at all, which might have been cause by a bad seal too.

Or of course I could be totally wrong.

But any ways, good luck in your search
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #11 of 14
that sht actually cost 29. Apple is What

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by AhhHoNG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that sht actually cost 29. Apple is What

You think that's bad? I know a guy, who had that exact headset in question, send his back to Apple to be repaired.

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #13 of 14
I was hoping that link would be the addiem's but no luck. I'm actually surprised they cost that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back