Should I get the Etymotic MC5, or HF5
Dec 6, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #16 of 29
My HF5 sounded brilliant with every genre I listened to, which encompassed just about every genre there is!

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #18 of 29
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was going to buy them today, went to get them on amazon and they were  $129!!!!! not $90 anymore! :frowning2:. Guess ill have to get them in blue instead of red for $100 :'(. That $10 is a big deal for me.

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #19 of 29
Is this the time to break out the head fi slogan? "Welcome to Headfi, sorry about your wallet "

Your still getting a better deal then us europeans if that makes any difference :)

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #20 of 29
I have the MC5 and borrowed a friend's HF5 - I am mad at myself for not buying the HF5... 

The MC's are fine, but the HF's were clearly better in just about every way... especially separation and detail. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #21 of 29
I feel bad for you
triportsad.gif
. But thanks for passing on your knowledge to me, so that I wouldn't make the same mistake.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #23 of 29
If you hate them, I'll send you my MC5's in exchange, and the cash difference. :D

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was going to buy them today, went to get them on amazon and they were  $129!!!!! not $90 anymore! :frowning2:. Guess ill have to get them in blue instead of red for $100 :'(. That $10 is a big deal for me.

I had blue -- the blue is dark and the coating is very matte finish, so it is very subtle.  When you put them in your ears and disappear in the music, you won't be able to see what color they are!   
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #26 of 29
Dec 10, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #27 of 29
Just throwing in my 2 cents as a long time Ety's listener. If you can trade the hf5's for the hf3's ( one of the colors was listed around $100 on amazon a couple days ago, or Best Buy is selling them for $98 most stores still have a few in stock in cobalt) you will be in audiophile heaven!!!! They sound remarkably close to my ER4-S's, with better bass response. In fact the amount of quality bass is astounding seeing as how it does not affect their pristine highs and incredible mids. Can't recommend the hf3's strongly enough!!!

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #29 of 29

Quote:
Just throwing in my 2 cents as a long time Ety's listener. If you can trade the hf5's for the hf3's ( one of the colors was listed around $100 on amazon a couple days ago, or Best Buy is selling them for $98 most stores still have a few in stock in cobalt) you will be in audiophile heaven!!!! They sound remarkably close to my ER4-S's, with better bass response. In fact the amount of quality bass is astounding seeing as how it does not affect their pristine highs and incredible mids. Can't recommend the hf3's strongly enough!!!

You do know the hf5 is the same thing as the hf3, right? The hf3 just has the remote/mic thing for ipod/iPhone. I dont have either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back