Should I get the AD2000?
May 22, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #16 of 22
Consider the Pro750 - in terms of hip hop, pop, and electronica it will kick the D2000 all around the park and is in a similar price range.  And those genres are probably the strong suit of the D2000, s that is really saying something.

May 22, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:

1. No, not for me at least.
2. There may be, depending on your budget and what kind of sound signature you want. The mids on the AD2000s are very forward but very sweet. Almost engrossing, however, the coloration for the midrange isn't widely loved. You might need to audition them before buying them. The RS1s are also quite good too. Very lush midrange, and an arguably better high end than AD2000s.
4. Yes, try some SS amps.

For me, the AD2000s are wonderful.  The AD2000s really impress with female vocals. To put things in perspective, the AD2000s are probably the most emotionally involving headphones I have ever owned, not heard.
I'm very drawn into the sound signature of the AD2Ks, and I must concede that they too have their weaknesses, but perhaps it's best to simply audition a pair and see if it's for you. Don't spend the 400 dollars on a pair unless you know the sound signature is something you want.

X2  (I've cut out what I dont' resonate with and bolded what I consider important)
CD3000 is a very special headphone also :wink:

May 22, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
What about the AD1000PRM. They apparently sounds very much like the AD2000 and the fit has been improved. They are also cheaper.

I have them and they are very good for metal, rock, classical, jazz, instrumentals and vocals etc.  Fastest and most detailed headphone I have heard so far and I really find the vocals very engaging. I will have a chance to compare them to the AD2000 pretty soon at the Sydney meet. 

May 22, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #20 of 22
I dunno if my ears could handle the AD1000PRM.... I'm thinking the Ad700 might be my limit in the brightness department. But I'm sure there is a variety of amps that could tone down the brightness, so I'll keep them mind. Thanks for the recommendation ZenPunk! 

(to angle_sh00ter) I'd say my preference is Classical and Rock over Hip Hop and electronica. Even though I have a very special place in my heart for Hip Hop, I probably only listen to it 10% of the time due to the S**t music Hip Hop artists are putting out these days. I listen to Rock maybe 50% of the time and the other 40% goes to classical. So a closed or open Can that excels in Rock and Classical would take prestige over my Hip Hop listening. Thanks for your recommendation !

May 22, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
(to angle_sh00ter) I'd say my preference is Classical and Rock over Hip Hop and electronica. Even though I have a very special place in my heart for Hip Hop, I probably only listen to it 10% of the time due to the S**t music Hip Hop artists are putting out these days. I listen to Rock maybe 50% of the time and the other 40% goes to classical. So a closed or open Can that excels in Rock and Classical would take prestige over my Hip Hop listening. Thanks for your recommendation !

Yep thats the same with me actually.  Eventually you could have 2 headphones as in my experience headphones that are good for rock and classical usually lack the lower end required to really make hip hop and electronica genres sound really good - its like a catch 22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back