Should i get e2c or eggos?
Sep 26, 2005 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
Well my friend has the e2cs, and they're pretty gd for what i've heard.
other friend has got the e3s and he says the e2c's arent worth it, i should save up for e3s...haha

but seems like the eggos are really attractive for me! they look cool, seem comfy, and canal phones might be annoying for my tinnitus problem heh.

would the sound quality difference be HUGE? the e2s much better?

audio cubes eggos @ $89. + shipping possibly 100 (im in asia)
locally e2cs @ $74.

whatcha think?

are the eggos possibly better?

Sep 26, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 9
It depends what you want.
IME, bass-modded Eggos beat the crap out of Shure e2cs in terms of sound, but e2cs kill eggos in terms of isolation.
So it all comes down to this: isolation or sound?

Sep 26, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #3 of 9
I have tinnitus as well (being 19, drunk and stupid, standing next to the PA in a club years ago, how I wish I never went out that night), and don't find my ER4's aggravate it. I'd say if you are listening in a noisy environment, it'd probably prevent aggravating it, because the isolation means you don't have to turn it up as loud. Not a problem if you are going to be listening in a quiet place though.

Sep 26, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #4 of 9
i definately want to go with the sound, as i wont be in a noisy environment all the time.

can any one else back up the eggos with bass mod > e2cs? SQ wise ofcourse.

this would be cool...eggos look so cool
eggosmile.gif

edit: i justfound out the senn HD25s are around the $100 price too...

are the HD 25s comparable to the eggos? around the same...or what?

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:39 AM Post #7 of 9
I had them both at the same time also. While I don't remember exactly if one sounded better than the other, I thought the eggos were better, and I preferred listening to them if I had the choice. They aren't as public-friendly, but they sound better, imo.

I liked them better with some mods (tissue, removing foam, etc). In fact, I bought 1967cutlass's eggos, so whatever he did to them, plus some tissue
eggosmile.gif

Sep 26, 2005 at 10:02 AM Post #8 of 9
Problem with IEM is the seal.. so if u get a proper seal, the bass and the isolation would win over the EGGO...

Sep 26, 2005 at 12:14 PM Post #9 of 9
hmmmm....

so whats hte deal here?

e2c - good bass with seal, best isolation
eggos - great sound overall, not as goo iso
senn HD25- ummmm lol i duno

well put it this way...

which is the funnest headphone?
which is the overall best heaphone
which is the best headphone for heavy metal and rock?

which benefits most from an amp?
which has the potentially best SQ? (i kno the HD 25 has the headphile mod and cable mod and stuff...eggos bass mod...etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back