Should I get DT 150s?
Oct 27, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #17 of 23
I wouldn't recommend the DT250 to you, then.
smily_headphones1.gif
@rhythmdevils

my most used headphone currently is an ER4S just so you know.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #18 of 23
I don't see how you will not be disappointed by DT150 given your current setup, unless you lower your expectations accordingly. If you'd like some closed headphones to compete with HD800 for your attention you should look into DX1000 or D7000. The DT150 are very attractive headphones at their price point but definitively not in the same league.

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #19 of 23
The DT150 is IMO the more musical sounding of the Beyer closed bunch. To me they sounded balanced and fun at te same time.
Not dull, and with a full, detailed and absolutely no boomy bass.
Midbass can be too much for some.
They are not very refined, and they can sound a little grainy.
The comfort is indeed awful, even when the pads are soften up.

If you want a more 'audiophile', and comfortable closed headphone, you could look at the DT770 manufacture 600 ohm from the BeyerDynamic webshop.
The Kenwood KH-K1000 is also a very good and often overlooked closed headphone.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by phandrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what i heard DT48 was very analytical and had no warmth so i never bothered. The DT250 had a smaller soundstage and it wasn't as fun to listen to compared to DT150. DT770 2005 was more detailed but the sound was thin so i didn't like it.

Warmth with tubes.. Erik swears by this..

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe touché.
wink.gif

I really want to try the DT150 but first things first. I also heard they are a beast to amp properly.

No.. It's just silly how anyone would call a studio headphone that is still in production over 50 yrs a FOTM. They will never have mass appeal, & were never meant to be..

Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here comes the cavalry.
wink.gif

Only when I hear the FOTM crap for the 80th time.. A polarizing headphone will never be a FOTM..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back