Should I get an amp or another headphone?
Mar 3, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #16 of 25
Ok, I agree, if you ask 10 people you'll probably get 10 different answers as to which is the best. But at least most of the 10 should be able to agree on at least one headphone that is a definite upgrade from what I have that costs $15.

Z

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 25
None of the cans you currently have really NEED an amp. But if you are ready to step up to a home rig, maybe a transportable, go get some nice home cans first that are still ok ampless, and then save up for a real beefy amp for home.

I suggest the MS-1, as mentioned above. It should still be within your sub $100 limit and make ya happy even unamped!

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary
Now I'm totally cnfused. People say I should get the MS-1. A bunch of people say the MS-1 is around the same quality as the SR60/80. A lot of people seem to like the Portapro/KSC-35/75 about as much as the SR60. Basically, that is not a definite improvement over what I currently have. On the other hand, if I get an amp, I can leave room for another more expensive headphone later that needs an amp and still improve what I have now.

BOTTOM LINE: IS THERE ANYTHING AROUND 70-80 BUCKS THAT IS A DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT OVER WHAT I HAVE NOW??????

please help me
eek.gif
confused.gif
basshead.gif

Zach

I feel certain that the cans I mentioned in my previous post (HD 485, MS1, SR60) are all DEFINITE improvements over what you have now. The Koss stuff is nice, in fact great for the price, but let's not overrate it.

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Whats the deal with the sony eggos? I have seen many people love the MDR-D22SL.

Zach

The D22SL isn't all that great; however, the D66SL offers a big improvement over the D22SL, but I'd still go for the MS-1 or SR60 rather than either of the Eggo models.

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #21 of 25
So it looks most likely that I am gonna go with either the MS-1 or sr 60. Is the ms-1 worth the extra $25-$40.

Man I was using my KSC35 today and I just cant imagine a much better sound, lol, doubt I'll notice the difference.

Zach

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

So it looks most likely that I am gonna go with either the MS-1 or sr 60. Is the ms-1 worth the extra $25-$40.

Man I was using my KSC35 today and I just cant imagine a much better sound, lol, doubt I'll notice the difference.

Zach

I just have to say it -- why not save your money for something other than audio?
tongue.gif

P.S. this is the most hypocritical thing I've ever said on a message board.
icon10.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Zach

I have the ksc35s and you can definately tell the difference between them and the ms-1. Maybe not as much on the first listen as your ears have to adjust and the ms-1s get better with more burn in.

I was deciding between the ms-1 and the sr-60s just over a month ago as well. While I haven't heard the sr60s, the ms-1s have been mentioned by many here to be more neutral, less fatiguing, have a better bass responce, and better at handling a wider range of music.

The difference in price is less than you probably think, since the $99 for the ms-1s includes shipping ... while the standard $69 for the sr-60s usually will have a $5-$10 shipping fee, depending on where you order them. Go for the MS-1s, you know you want to
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #25 of 25
I haven't heard the ms1's, but I love my SR-60's. Without an amp, I like them better than my 580's. They also shine even more when amped, but it's not necessary.
I've got 701's on the way, but I'll never sell my 60's.
See if headroom ships them for free.
Enjoy........Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back