should i cut my 10' silver dragon cable shorter??
Jan 11, 2008 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

ueyteuor

1000+ Head-Fier
i have a 10' silver dragon cable on my rs2, which is sort of long, and i just keep it coiled on my desk.. but its starting to bother me.. and its a hassle.... and i'm thinking of reterminating it to maybe 6' or 5' instead.. but the cable's value is whats keeping me from doing it.. what would you do... would i be able to sell the rest of the cable???

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #2 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ueyteuor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a 10' silver dragon cable on my rs2, which is sort of long, and i just keep it coiled on my desk.. but its starting to bother me.. and its a hassle.... and i'm thinking of reterminating it to maybe 6' or 5' instead.. but the cable's value is whats keeping me from doing it.. what would you do... would i be able to sell the rest of the cable???

1. Cut it in half, sell the rest of the cable as a possible hardwire replacement for another head-fi member's headphone.
2. ????
3. Profit!

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #3 of 22
I'd keep it the way it is. Splicing it would take too much trouble, and it'd look messier than what you started off with.

Jan 11, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 22
No! Don't cut it...
Sell the RS-2 instead, and buy a different pair with a shorter cable.
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #7 of 22
Having owned two seperate SD (and a BD), and been through the molding repair TWICE, I would NOT do this myself. Contact Drew to work something out for a shorter cable.

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

As to the latter: probably yes. If it's the newest generation (V2), I'm interested in it myself -- one good meter would suffice to me. As to shortening and reterminating: If I were you, I would do it -- there's even a good chance that the sound gets slightly better. Again: only if it's the V2, because the V1's solid-core silver wire is somewhat prone to break. Although if you're passably handy with reterminating and soldering, it shouldn't pose much of a problem nonetheless. After all the wearing comfort is an important part of listening pleasure, too, so personally I wouldn't hesitate. (In fact I've transformed a SD extension cable into a HD-650 cable plus an IC without any problem.)

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #11 of 22
How old is it? V1 or V2?

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

can you tell from a picture??

1195131119.jpg

No. When did you get Drew recable it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back