Should I buy the Beyerdynamic DT-770 pro 250 ohm?
Mar 6, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #16 of 20
  Sorry, I was referring to that price range. It wasn't intended as a general statement. Sorry for the confusion. :D

Keep smiling.

LOL okay, I was about to say. But yeah, in the $300 I'd go M100, Momentum, or DT770 pro 80. I have the VMODA and Beyers, and the DT's just sit on a desk, FWIW. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #17 of 20

LOL okay, I was about to say. But yeah, in the $300 I'd go M100, Momentum, or DT770 pro 80. I have the VMODA and Beyers, and the DT's just sit on a desk, FWIW. 

BTW, I know this isn't the place but what are your thought's on the M100's and the Momentum's? I ask this because someone asked me which to buy, but I'd like to have the opinion of someone who's tried both. Thanks.

-halfinfinity.

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #18 of 20

BTW, I know this isn't the place but what are your thought's on the M100's and the Momentum's? I ask this because someone asked me which to buy, but I'd like to have the opinion of someone who's tried both. Thanks.

-halfinfinity.

I didn't have a lot of exposure to the Momentums, but the main thing between them and the M100 is the lower end of the spectrum. The M100s are a lot beefier below 100Hz. If you're looking for more neutral (though certainly not neutral overall), that'll be the Momentums. Personally, for the same reason my DT700s don't get a lot of use, I have the M100's thanks to the meatier bass response. Not muddy or sloppy, just bigger. And if you like electronic music? It's a no-brainer, IMO. 

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #19 of 20

no. totally agree with both of you. 
I have the m100s. I am looking for a pair of cans for work, JUST for office. 
My m100s are my all around everything set of cans. 
My Fidelio X1s are my "only at home gaming and music" cans. 

I am a university lecturer. I have a lot of time at my desk in between classes. Tons of time to listen to music. 
My audiophile set up (odac and o2 amp) is actually going to be kept at work and any new amps (like tube and hybrid) will be used at work also. 
I am in the sub 300$ bracket. I just think the dt-770 would offer the best contrast to the M100s and would be more fun with amping and when I get a tube or hybrid amp. 
The m100s do DEFINITELY improve with my o2 amp, but from I have read the dt-770 really shine with some great amping. What I am getting at is the m100s dont need an amp and (supposedly) don't improve much with an amp... so I want a set of cans that I can hear some contrast with, have some fun with, and do some comparisons with. 
and I am not going to lie. I ******* love the style. 
the m100s are sexy as ****. 
the Fidelio are sexy as **** 
ALL the Beyer cans are sexy as ****. 

For under 300. I dont really have anything on my short list. A few AT and Sony models. The Beyers just look better and I think they will be more fun to mess around with. 

I

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #20 of 20
The dt770 are the best allrounders I've ever heard. I didn't get to try the x1's but I'm sure the dt770 will satisfy you because they have a wide soundstage and very deeply pronounced bass.  I tested many headphones at B&H and the dt770 have the best separation and soundstage under maybe 400 for a closed back. They are also well built and some of the most comfortable under the hd800 and sennheiser hd598. Oh yeah and they block out sound REALLY well and keep your music from bothering others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back